Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

help with a joystick to use with vista 64 bit

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

After my new comp build i had installed windows xp 32 bit. And i was useing my saitek x52 joystick. Everything was working fine.
Then today i installed windows vista 64 bit sp1. I then put my saitek cd in to install. And received a message. Only compatible with windows xp 64 bit.
I have not installed my FS9, or my FSX copies yet on my computer.
Can some one help me, with what joystick i could use?
I will probably install both copies of FS soon.

Thanks,
stocz2

7 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

Ok, i did end up using google. I need to download new drivers for the 64 bit.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Saitek's site is being a little goofy for me right now or i'd have a more precise link for ya, but you should be able to download the proper drivers here--

http://saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

I don't believe their installation cd includes vista drivers, I remember I had to download them from the site when I switched to vista...

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Usually you don't even need the CD, just plug the joystick in and play.
I mean that's how it is for me, i do have the CD installed but i can still play without it installed.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

The X-52 is different... Yeah you can use the joystick part of it without drivers, but it's got a whole profile management deal that lets you set joystick buttons to be key combinations and make different sets of them for different games/airplanes.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Oh yeah, mines got that to, you do need the CD for that.
But does work good without, i think you can set the controls in the game can't you?

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

Went to this site http://saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php as mentioned above. Downloaded the new driver. But now i have no control of my ac. I try to callibrate joystick in game, it gives me a older version of callibration window. But when i go to control panel/hardware and sound/game controllers/properties. It has the callibrating window that i had with windows xp. I calllibrate my joystick there, like normal. Go try to fly, and still no control.
In game, i have change sensitivity, and null between off to 100%. Different settings, and nothing helped 😞
im gonna try and delete driver, and reinstall. again

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

Tried deleting and installing drivers again, but still no control of ac.
I then went to my device manage to see what was showing up for my joystick. I had found it in device manager/human interface devices. And there i found 2 listings. 1- saitex x52 flight controllers (hid).And 2-saitek x52 flight controllers (usb). Do i need both of them in there? should i maybe delete 1 of them?

thanks,
cliff