SearchSearch 

Bogus ratings on Freeware Add-Ons.

Pro Member Trainee
rmacttu Trainee

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are tons of add-ons on this site(and others!) that are deliberately given an unwarranted rating of "1"?

It's often just a single vote and thats it and there is frequently 4 or more in a row. Makes for a frustrating determination of quality. Evil or Very Mad

4 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
rmacttu Trainee

I use both those sites frequently but I've never noticed a comment section if one exists. Just nice to hear another's report on an aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The names of the authors, the Zip Dives and last but not least the number of downloads oh, and the date of the upload will give you better clues than prejudiced "opinions" by fan-boys.

Surely you've heard this one: "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going". It is sad but true that the majority of simmers who feel they need to air their "informed opinion" with such clich├ęs actually influence those who are by nature open minded.

Pro Member Trainee
rmacttu Trainee

Well, shoot. Of course I've heard that phrase but, never really thought it carried over onto the sim.

Pretty unfortunate I must say.

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

Well I do have to say that I actually enjoy flying airbus more than boeing in FSX. For example the a330 and the a340, they are very beautiful aricraft.