Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Rookie/novice needs help applying downloads to my flt sim

Pro Member Trainee
Rude-Dog Trainee

I'm truly a novice, and by no means puter saavy. I've had my ms flt sim 2004, forever. It's a great simulator, and I've literally spent hundreds of hours playing it. But, it wasn't until recently, I discovered I could download add-ons to it. I recently became a paid member of fly away.

My question is basic: download 101? My actual question: I downloaded a new acft (C130) to msfs2004 and figured when it downloaded, it would download directly to the sim itself. In other words, I thought when I downloaded the C130, it would go straight to the sim program. So, of course I thought I would boot up my game and the new acft would be there! Obviously, it wasn't, that's why I'm here.

If there's somebody live out here, can you please tell me, or explain to me how to download something (i.e., C130) and apply it to my flt sim?

Thanks in advance!

Rudy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm taking it that you downloaded a C-130 and didn't buy the CaptSim C-130.

This is a pictorial guide how to load it into your sim.

You should use only 2004 (possibly 2002) aircraft not FSX.

Try these:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rude-Dog Trainee

This may be a silly question, but, is FS9 and Flt Sim 2004 the same thing?

Pro Member Trainee
Rude-Dog Trainee

Is there an IM, or something like that in here we can use to talk back and forth, instead of this? That is, if you've got a couple minutes for an old guy trying to update his flt sim.

I took a quick peak at the download instructions you sent me, and I have to admit, it looks real complicated! It may even be out of my league.

Pro Member Trainee
Rude-Dog Trainee

Thank you for your time, but, it's time for this old man to hit the rack. I appreciate your download instructions, I'll give it a go tomorrow. I don't know how often you get on here, but I'll try to contact to at a later date to let you know if I was able to download my C130.

Again, Thank You!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes, FS9 and 2004 are the same.
If you follow the instructions step by step instead of looking at the full lot it will be easier.
If you do it once you'll be able to do it easily every time.
No I don't have IM, don't care for that.

Yes we all are getting there Sleep

Let us know how you do.

This is pay but easy to install.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/c130/fs9/index.html

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Flyboy92 Captain

If you need help on my tutorial via an IM please use this

AOL Instant Messenger : SKYCAPTAIN92

If you do not have AIM but have another client, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm on as often as I can be.

Thanks

Flyboy92