Need technical Help!

Pro Member Trainee
Clayracer Trainee

I'm having trouble with prop planes losing power in missions? One is Innsbruck approach [which for now seems resolved] and on Civil patrol Rescue: When I hit 8000 ft on North leg power and altitude loss happens?? It wasn't happening the first couple of times I did the mission but now it does it every time...Thanks!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

First of all, do you have FSX realism settings to ultra high maybe??

Cause the only thing i can think of is that you have ultra high realism set, so if that the case, and in the prop planes you speak of, maybe your not setting the mixture and stuff right.

Because FSX does a good animation of real flight, same stuff as you would do in a real plane climbing to altitude.

But that's all i could think of the problem being, i could be wrong but if that's not the case i really don't know what to tell ya.

Pro Member Trainee
Clayracer Trainee

truckernick wrote:

First of all, do you have FSX realism settings to ultra high maybe??

Cause the only thing i can think of is that you have ultra high realism set, so if that the case, and in the prop planes you speak of, maybe your not setting the mixture and stuff right.

Because FSX does a good animation of real flight, same stuff as you would do in a real plane climbing to altitude.

But that's all i could think of the problem being, i could be wrong but if that's not the case i really don't know what to tell ya.

Thanks...I'll check it out!

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Speaking of the Civil patrol mission - I had the same experience. It took a couple of attempts before I was able to clear the mountains. I think the difficulty was purposefully programmed into this mission to impress us with the realities of moutainous flight.
On the prior leg - if you stay at above 5500 feet and enter the north leg in full climb mode you should be able to only just clear the mountain.
It is not a consistent scenario because the maule can easily climb higher than 8000 feet in other missions and free flight.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Also put the prop rpm to full high. Heat switch on. Don't thin mixture too much.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...