SearchSearch 

Why cant no planes load for me??

Pro Member Trainee
Saoirse Trainee

Ive tried all the different ways to download planes onto my FSX game but nothing is working.. Any help??

12 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

maybe you tried 737-800 which for FSX is often texture only.

Pro Member First Officer

Maybe you did not put the aircraft folder in to the aircraft folder in your computer! If you use FSX, it is probably here: C:/program files/microsoft games/flight simulator X/sim objects/aircraft. Maybe i am wrong but it's something like that. I use FS2004 and it's different. But remember if you download a texture only aircraft it has another way of installing

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Saoirse Trainee

Ive tried both the pictorial and all my planes are in the aircraft section on my C:. but still nothing is coming up on my FSX game.. What am i doing wrong? should something else be in a diff file?

Pro Member First Officer

Maybe you downloaded a texture only.

Pro Member Trainee
Saoirse Trainee

How do i determine what planes are texture only and what planes are fully downloadable???

Pro Member First Officer

Texture only planes have only the texture folder, and the ones that are not texture only(means it has model, etc) have the model folder, the texture folder, sometimes the sound folder, sometimes the panel folder, aircraft.cfg, etc.

Pro Member Trainee
Saoirse Trainee

Ive tried everything, cfg files wont open, nothing will unzip for me, tried the pictorial with several different planes and still cant seem to get any new aircraft.. I guess it wont work at all..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you using WinZip the evaluation copy, you said nothing will unzip.
You need to use that to unzip a download.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Are you using WinZip the evaluation copy, you said nothing will unzip.
You need to use that to unzip a download.

Radar

I don't have unzipping problems! But get winzip! also, you don't have to open the cfg file unless it is texture only! But the cfg files needs to be there for the plane to show up! If you simply click the aircraft.cfg it may not open(it won't on my computer). if you wan't to open the aircraft.cfg, then go to notepad and open with notepad! I had downloaded many aircrafts sucessfully here at flyaway!

Pro Member Trainee
Saoirse Trainee

Nope, nothing still wont work.. ive tried everything, looked at tutorials and tried to unzip files. all to no evail.. i guess i will never work it out.. thanks anyway!

Pro Member First Officer

Hack Umm... Unsure Read Wall Bashing Fear I Don't use FSX, I use FS2004