Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I saw the words anhedral and dihedral being used in another post. What do they mean and what do they refer to?

Thanks a lot 😀

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🤔 Read Here are the definitions in aircraft terms.

n. denoting the angle at which the main planes of an aircraft are inclined downwards to the lateral axis.


n. Aeronautics The upward or downward inclination of an aircraft wing from true horizontal.


Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks RadarMan 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

See RadarMans DC-7 in his posts? That is Dihedral. Anhedral is what you typically see with the old Russian airliners ( TU 114, TU 154, 134,,,) Anhedral can also be called negative dihedral. 😳

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions