SearchSearch 

New FSX user here - An introduction and a few questions

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Hey guys,

I've been lurking this site for a few days and decided to sign up. My name is Brett and ever since I was a kid I have been in love with any type of flying. I just love being in the air, whether its in a plane, jet or skydiving. My first flight sim was Flight Sim 98, I think (if there was one). Then I got out of it due to the graphics being horrible. Then moved up to FS2004 and again moved on from it due to the graphics, this time due to my PC. I enlisted into the Navy and thanks to some family members who are high ranking officers in the Navy as well, I was able to take a backseat ride in the #6 jet of the Blue Angels. All I can say is WOW! Coming from single engine Cessna, I almost pissed myself ha. Anyways, I have not flown in some time and decided to get into Flight Sim X. I had to upgrade my PC as I am at a Pen. Dual Core 1.8 GHZ now with onboard video. I went with Pent. Dual Core 2.7GHZ and XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB PCIe DDR5 HDMI video card. Should be decent with that upgrade. I also purchased the x52 saitek (spelling?) controls. Def can not wait to get into this and download soem of these aircrafts I see on here. Amazing!!

I have a few questions if you guys don't mind helping me in.

1). With the upgrade I am doing with the PC, will it be decent enough to experience it? The video card is DX11 compatible and having a dual core 2.7, I think I should be ok?

2). One of the things I hated with FS98 and FS2004 was the lack of interaction with ATC and others. In FSX, is there more interaction with ATC? Like, getting clearance to taxi and what runaway to hold short on and to take off. Interaction when flying and coming into land. Can we interact back with ATC? Is there interaction inside the cockpit? meaning with the co pilot or what not?

3). Along with the interaction, what about airport interaction? Meaning, when you land at an airport, do you get a gate you can taxi into? Does the pad come out/extend to the jet? ground vehicles move/interact? I hated how there was pretty much nothing like that with the previous FS's.

I think that is it for my questions. I'm glad I signed up and can't wait to receive the comptuer upgrades Wednesday to start playing!! Thanks for the help guys!

2 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

there was ATC in fs2004 that tells you to taxi, hold short, taxi to what gate! But in FSX, the gates can go to the aircraft!!!! And the vehicles move around!

Yes

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

jianqing wrote:

there was ATC in fs2004 that tells you to taxi, hold short, taxi to what gate! But in FSX, the gates can go to the aircraft!!!! And the vehicles move around!

Yes

Well that is good news. I do remember the ATC communication with FS2004, just was not that great for me. Hopefully I will be impressed with the newer one.

I also downloaded the Cargo Pilot add-on. I like having a reason/game type motive behind the game. I'm sure the missions inside FS2004 will be decent but Cargo Pilot def got my attention with how you have to work and get your business to become larger.