Accelor First Officer

A little help please.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Accelor wrote:

A little help please.

Well this should help you to understand this better.
I just did one of these ILS landings the other day at my home airport in real life.

Ok here we go
#1 Tune the NAV1 freq or whatever to the ILS Freq.

#2 Move the heading bug on the DG to a heading that will cause you to intercept the centerline of the localizer at a shallow angle.

#4 Turn on the autopilot

#5 Turn on HDG on the autopilot

#6 Set the altitude to a number that will put you below the glide slope at the point at which you plan to intercept the localizer, and engage ALT mode on the autopilot.

#7 Once you are on the intercept heading, arm the nav and both the HDG and ANV should pop into action.

#8 Once you intercept the localizer, the HDG will know and will turn the plane into the glideslope, and when you are aligned turn on the APP mode and the NAV should turn off.

#9 Then once you are all in the glideslope, then the aircraft will start to descend, and you are going to land ILS.

I don't think there is really a crucial point for ILS intercept, it's really just when you intercept the GlideSlope. But that's just my opinion.

And once you have intercepted and are aligned on the ILS GlideSlope, is when your considered to be established with it.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Thank you for your reply Truckernick. I am doing every thing correct except, I have been turning on APP a little to soon or doing something else wrong, because at times when I engage the APP the ALT hold will disengage and I loose the opportunity to capture the glide slope even if I engage the ALT hold again. If I remember correctly, most approaches would be between 1800 to 3000 ft for glide slope capture.

So I will hold off engaging the app until aligned and see it that works better. It not always a problem, but frustrating when it does happen.

🙂 🙂 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Accelor wrote:

Thank you for your reply Truckernick. I am doing every thing correct except, I have been turning on APP a little to soon or doing something else wrong, because at times when I engage the APP the ALT hold will disengage and I loose the opportunity to capture the glide slope even if I engage the ALT hold again. If I remember correctly, most approaches would be between 1800 to 3000 ft for glide slope capture.

So I will hold off engaging the app until aligned and see it that works better. It not always a problem, but frustrating when it does happen.

🙂 🙂 🙂

Hmmm
Well im willing to bet your probably just turning the APP on to early or even to late.
And it could also be an issue if something else isn't done or set right.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

truckernick wrote:

Accelor wrote:

🙂 🙂 🙂

Hmmm
Well im willing to bet your probably just turning the APP on to early or even to late.

When fly VFR I am guessing at an altitued for flying the glide slope in auto pilot.

Pro Member First Officer

Accelor wrote:

truckernick wrote:

Accelor wrote:

🙂 🙂 🙂

Hmmm

When fly VFR I am guessing at an altitued for flying the glide slope in auto pilot.

What?
You need to revise that sentence.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

truckernick wrote:

Accelor wrote:

truckernick wrote:

Accelor wrote:

🙂 🙂 🙂

Hmmm

When fly VFR I am guessing at an altitude for flying the glide slope in auto pilot.

What?
You need to revise that sentence.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...