Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

does any one know about a340?

crosscheck9 Guest

Hi,
I just downloaded an a340, and I decided to take it out for a spin. I loaded up at the defaul tacoma intl aiport, and at flaps at 5 degrees, I applied full thrust. I tried rotating at around 150 kts, but it didnt lift until 200kts!!! Then, I maintained full thrust with the aircraft at 10 degrees up, but it was struggling to maintain airspeed, and at 10 degrees, it was climbing VERY slowly. Does anyone know how many pounds the a340 actually exerts, or if I'm doing something wrong please tell me. BTW, incase I do need to changed the amount of thrust, how do I do it?

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Try extending the flaps a few more degrees to increase lift.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,
Yes as Michlin says increase the flaps. The A340 is more similar to the 777 and 747 than to the 737. The flaps on a 737 should be 5 degrees, and 10 or 20 degrees for a 777 or 747. Fun Flying 😀

crosscheck9 Guest

hi,
Thanks alot guys, but does any1 know the thrust amount. And one more question. Does anyone know where I can find the guage that allows me to see the front wheel of the plane for taxiing. In this video....

www.a340.net ...then go to multimedia, then flight videos, then takeoffs, (first video

you can see what I mean[/img]

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Check the config files.

crosscheck9 Guest

what are those and where can i find them and what do they do......lol , (takes a breath) thanks for your help everyone

crosscheck9 Guest

Hi,
I managed to alter the thrust, because it felt like it was a little underpowered, but I still get the same results at takeoff. The plane took me 11,800 running on the ground, before it agreed to rotate. I had the flap set at 15 degrees. What is wrong with it. PLEASE HELP. I love the a340, but I wish I could get it perfect for full flight. (im a big fan of long hauls)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Get a different one, there's lots out there

crosscheck9 Guest

lol, i could do that, but this is one airliner you dont find many of...ill see if i can find another one. If you do know a solution however, please post it.

Pro Member Trainee
reginaldblue Trainee

Try checking the fuel and cargo weight. I know some aircraft when you d/l them are over max t/o weight and you have to go in and reduce it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

The weight readout on those is not reliable. It's flyable when it says its over full, it doesnt matter, just so you dont ADD more crap in it, it gives a incorrect readout anyway.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Just curious....did you have a tailwind for TO?

crosscheck9 Guest

nope, clear weather, that was just a test, but i think the aircraft was overweight