SearchSearch 

Can aircraft downloads cause FSX to freeze?

Pro Member Trainee
pwz41 Trainee

Hi there-

I am having trouble with my machine freezing in FSX. Could recently downloaded aircraft cause a total machine lock-up?

FSX freezes completely; control + alt + delete does nothing. The only way to unlock the machine is to press the restart button.

Has anyone had similar issues? I un-checked the DX10 preview to utilize downloadable aircraft; could that be the cause?

FSX ran flawlessly before any aircraft were downloaded.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Pat

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's possible, but it depends on when it freezes...splash, menu, flying.

Uninstall the last add-on you did and see if that helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
pwz41 Trainee

Hi Radarman.

It freezes while flying.

From smooth FR to lock up...

Thank you for your time!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you use it for a while and then it freezes or crashes the chances are that it's overheating.
Open the case and clean the fans, the video card fan and the CPU fan or heatsink.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
pwz41 Trainee

Thank you

I will try that and let you know.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

pwz41 wrote:

Hi there-

I am having trouble with my machine freezing in FSX. Could recently downloaded aircraft cause a total machine lock-up?

FSX freezes completely; control + alt + delete does nothing. The only way to unlock the machine is to press the restart button.

Has anyone had similar issues? I un-checked the DX10 preview to utilize downloadable aircraft; could that be the cause?

FSX ran flawlessly before any aircraft were downloaded.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Pat

Yes they actually can, i had some freeware that caused a big fatal error when i played the game for an hour or so.