Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

A Couple of Questions

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

Hi everyone,
I have been away from this forum for quite a while! But after finding out that my Aunt is taking flying lessons I've started using the sim again. Hopefully I'll get a chance to have a flight with her instructor soon and there's also a possibility I'll be able to take some lessons so that I can copilot for her Very Happy.

Here are the questions:
Could anyone link me to a topic on some good GA aircraft? I have the FSInsider 152 which is really nice, currently my favourite actually. Are there any fixed wing microlights available (freeware or payware) such as a skyranger or an icarus?

With the FSInsider 152 I've been having an issue - decided to go for a flight from Elstree in 'Winter Wonderland' setting to match the snow outside, but each time I climb to 2000 feet and level out the engine cuts. I have no idea why. The prop doesn't actually stop, but loses all power. It can be restarted after landing in a field. Is this something to do with the weather setting? Altitude?

Thanks for the help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

Carenado is the best GA aircraft maker for FS by far:
https://www.simshack.net/manufacturers/carenado-10

Some awesome planes i love to fly on a sunny day.

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

The AMP 20(maybe spelled wrong) from this site(in the flyaway FS2004 porp plane) is fun to fly, hopefully, it works for fsx(I use Fs2004)

The Culver(maybe spelled worng) Cadet is a very cool plane too!

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

The AMP 20 works nicely apart from the virtual cockpit, thanks for the recommendation.

Carendo can go either way - lots of people sing their praises, but I bought a beech something or other from there once and remember it being medioka. Does anyone know if their 152 is particularly better than the free FSInsider one?