Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Having trouble with the aircraft installer download.

Pro Member Trainee
terryleemartin Trainee

I've downloaded this installer program.
When I attempt to use it, it will not work. I use a 64 bit system. Is it possible that it will only work with a 32 bit system?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That link doesn't work but the installer is probably for 32bit only.
Most of them don't work that well anyway.
If you follow the instructions you should be able to install them on your own.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

a search link will not work probably, like when I tell other people where to find download carrier, I don't give the search link, I give the file details link i think!

Pro Member Trainee
terryleemartin Trainee

Hi Radarman
this is a new download that was just added on the 14th of December 5 days ago. the programer is Steven Logiudice. If you do a search on it, it can be found with FSX Aircraft Installer. I think you are right, I'm pretty sure that it is only for 32bit systems.

I'm OK installing the aircraft myself, although you have helped several times in the past, but I am attempting to help an elderly Uncle of mine do so. He is actually even haveing trouble locating the folder where FSX is installed, and over the phone it is difficult to explain. I have sent him the tutorial which is very good, but he is still having trouble.

I do appreciate the help. Thank you.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I think you are referring to this?:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2824/fsx-aircraft-installer/

If you are running the 64 bit version of Windows, it should still be able to support 32 bit applications.

Most programs designed for a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows will work on a computer running 64-bit versions of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs, and some hardware drivers.

What error messages are you getting, if any?

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
terryleemartin Trainee

A window opens up and here is what the message is.
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I am running Windows 7 operating system.