Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Best Buy- PMDG 747 Install not working!

Pro Member Trainee
jettaman Trainee

I bought the Best Buy PMDG 747 Queen of the Skys, and installed it, but everytime I try to select an aircraft it restarts, then puts me back to freeflight again.

I installed it as Administrator.
I can never see the aircraft, sometimes it just freezes under selection.

I downloaded the update from PMDG but no go.
Im running a Vista....
thanks

Pro Member Trainee
jettaman Trainee

Am I the only one with this prob??????????????

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can uninstall it and reinstall it.
If that doesn't work then turn down some of your slides (autogen and any AI) and see if that works.
I don't know your computer specs but that may be it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jettaman Trainee

Thanks Radarman, didn't even think of the slyders.

I think I would have been better off by buying the original PMDG "Queen of the Skys", this is only about 1gig in size.

Maby this is some kind of lower version,.. graphics ect? I don't know?

The Aircraft appear in the free flight selection area, and the "info box" shows the plane fine, but generating (seeing) it "your right" that might be the problem.

vista home edition
64bit
12gigs ram.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's probably too graphic intensive for your card, your computer looks OK even if I don't see the CPU.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jettaman Trainee

I have a NVIDIA, but I can't seem to select FSX for specific program settings.

ALso when I select an aircraft I get a "ding" and then it freezes.

I went to the website and it says to delete the program and the dll files and reinstall. I did but no go.

my ghz is 2.67ghz, they are asking for a 3ghz does that really matter???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They say that you have to have a 3gig CPU, never heard of that being a problem.
As I said it may be too graphic intensive to fly that particular aircraft, that's the way out for them, tell you it's your fault.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jettaman Trainee

I emailed PMDG support, they suggested that my XML.dll file is bad. When I reload the program, or add a livery it never asks me to ok the file etc!!!....I know what they are saying, but I just cant seem to find the file!!!!

I'm using vista,... are these instructions for mac?
I'm in windows explorer, I have the see all files checked in options but I just don't see the XML.dll file.

***PMDG SUPPORT***
It sounds like something has happened to the XML.dll file that is a core part of add ons for FSX. To clear up the problem, please try the following.

You need to locate your XML.dll file associated with FSX. You will have to enable the “Show Hidden Folders and File” option in the Windows Explorer Folder Options. Then locate the XML.dll file under:
C/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/Application Data/FSX. Once you find the file. Delete it. Then also delete the FSX.cfg.

Is this vista? Can someone please redirect me to the XML.dll file using vista again...me bad!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

jettaman wrote:

I emailed PMDG support, they suggested that my XML.dll file is bad. When I reload the program, or add a livery it never asks me to ok the file etc!!!....I know what they are saying, but I just cant seem to find the file!!!!

I'm using vista,... are these instructions for mac?
I'm in windows explorer, I have the see all files checked in options but I just don't see the XML.dll file.

***PMDG SUPPORT***
It sounds like something has happened to the XML.dll file that is a core part of add ons for FSX. To clear up the problem, please try the following.

You need to locate your XML.dll file associated with FSX. You will have to enable the “Show Hidden Folders and File” option in the Windows Explorer Folder Options. Then locate the XML.dll file under:
C/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/Application Data/FSX. Once you find the file. Delete it. Then also delete the FSX.cfg.

Is this vista? Can someone please redirect me to the XML.dll file using vista again...me bad!

To locate the file, go to start and type in the search box run. Open the run window and type this in (exactly as it is posted): %appdata%/microsoft/fsx/dll.xml

That is where to locate your DLL.XML file that they are talking about. They gave you WinXP instructions.