Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Is the F 14 D in the download section capable of carrier landing and takeoff. ❓

Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry, don't know. If you have Acceleration get f14da106.zip by Dino Cattaneo from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2940/fsx-acceleration-grumman-f-14d-tomcat/

He also made a very nice Goshawk: t45cv185.zip

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

No, I don't think so. F-14s are also very hard to land, they keep on not wanting to pull up and stall.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jianqing wrote:

No, I don't think so. F-14s are also very hard to land, they keep on not wanting to pull up and stall.

You realise there are many F-14s in the various libraries. Keep in mind that the OP asked about carrier landings. I've seen your posts and screenies, none of which suggest that you're flying anything but tubes.

I'm saying this because when you're landing on a carrier, you don't pull up (flare) at touch-down like you would when flying a tube or GA. COPs is precision work - no room for error.

I know you have FS9. I have at least 3 F-14s (for FS9) which behave quite nicely. For FS9, carriers, aircraft and the bits and pieces you need for COPs are available for free. (Yes, even now.)

Regarding COPs, FSX is different in many ways from FS9. More sophisticated, if I say so myself but even at this stage precious little available. In FSX if you want to make it worthwhile, you need Acceleration. This gives you the platform which seems to be required. Acceleration comes with COPs ready a/c and a carrier, but the freeware a/c I mentioned in my previous post are much better... not arguably - DEFINITELY. Add the freeware Nimitz by Javier Fernandez and you're in business.

Here are screenies of the F-14 and the Nimitz respectively... not to show off my own screenies 'cause I'm not good at it, but to represent the general look of the F-14 and the carrier.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35281/dinos-new-f-14-for-fsx/

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35248/new-fsx-carrier/

Note: The links I apparently gave in those topics are not mine. They have been changed by whoever has the ability to do this. From now on I will not post links, but only file names and the file library instead.

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

jianqing wrote:

You realise there are many F-14s in the various libraries. Keep in mind that the OP asked about carrier landings. I've seen your posts and screenies, none of which suggest that you're flying anything but tubes.

I'm saying this because when you're landing on a carrier, you don't pull up (flare) at touch-down like you would when flying a tube or GA. COPs is precision work - no room for error.

I know you have FS9. I have at least 3 F-14s (for FS9) which behave quite nicely. For FS9, carriers, aircraft and the bits and pieces you need for COPs are available for free. (Yes, even now.)

Regarding COPs, FSX is different in many ways from FS9. More sophisticated, if I say so myself but even at this stage precious little available. In FSX if you want to make it worthwhile, you need Acceleration. This gives you the platform which seems to be required. Acceleration comes with COPs ready a/c and a carrier, but the freeware a/c I mentioned in my previous post are much better... not arguably - DEFINITELY. Add the freeware Nimitz by Javier Fernandez and you're in business.

Here are screenies of the F-14 and the Nimitz respectively... not to show off my own screenies 'cause I'm not good at it, but to represent the general look of the F-14 and the carrier.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35281/dinos-new-f-14-for-fsx/

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35248/new-fsx-carrier/

Note: The links I apparently gave in those topics are not mine. They have been changed by whoever has the ability to do this. From now on I will not post links, but only file names and the file library instead.

Very nice. But on the second link how could you think that was Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!! 😂 You know, I do carrier landings too Yes !

ooops...F-14s are fine, i thought this was about F-4 Embarassed Embarassed Oops!

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Thank you all for your replies

My now issue is this. On Windows 7 64. I can only see three pages of carrier choices when I open Addons. Can't see the crowded carriers except from within the mission, military. Here is what I have installed.

Carrier ops CVN 6912

USS NIMITZ IKE 2 ( Three folder inside BOATS ) and Effects, sound to there folders.

Dino Cattaneo F 14D

AIcarriers2 ( CFG 68_69 ) inside this folder.

Java JRE 6u18 w 64

I ran AIcarrier ext from out side the installation, but even when in to inside, click on blue box and run ext it doesn't work and I get the following error.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Accelor wrote:

Thank you all for your replies

My now issue is this. On Windows 7 64. I can only see three pages of carrier choices when I open Addons. Can't see the crowded carriers except from within the mission, military. Here is what I have installed.

Carrier ops CVN 6912

USS NIMITZ IKE 2 ( Three folder inside BOATS ) and Effects, sound to there folders.

Dino Cattaneo F 14D

AIcarriers2 ( CFG 68_69 ) inside this folder.

Java JRE 6u18 w 64

I ran AIcarrier ext from out side the installation, but even when in to inside, click on blue box and run ext it doesn't work and I get the following error.

Found my mistake and all are now showing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...