SearchSearch 

gerneral aviation aircraft

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

It seems like that all anyone talks about on this site is commercal jets and barly anyone talks about ga aircraft. Since I am a student pilot I am more concerned right now about littler aircraft like Cessnas and Piper aircraft.

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We GA lovers get overlooked here and more elsewhere.
Many of the posts lately have been about the big iron but never fear, they get phased out and we (patched up) still fly!
I just fly the small aircraft (DC-3) and other tail-draggers.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I do about as much flying in the small stuff as I do the big stuff. I am a real pilot as well as a sim pilot. virtually all of my work was done in the Cessna 172. Good training craft. I like it a lot better than the 150, too squirrly. I also have some time in a Cherokee 140, Piper Arrow, and Cessna 337 Skymaster. I will occasionally review a recent real flight I've flown from Newark Heath airport to wherever in the Cessna 172, on the sim. Since you have decided to get your pilots license, the sim should become an invaluable asset and tool in your training. It made radio navigation a breeze for me. I took a ground school course for free some 20 years before I went for my ticket. It stayed with me all those years. My flight instructor asked me some questions about the principles of flight and navigation just before I started flying and determined that I did'nt need any ground schooling in order to get my license. After each flight you do in your training, review it on the sim. I think you'll amazed at how much more you will learn. Good luck.

Pro Member First Officer
George Leach (CDR) First Officer

If you are learning to fly this may help you.

http://stevesflightschool.com/

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

I learned to fly using FS98 at the time. Funniest thing was my instructor, after my first lesson, said are you sure you have never flown before?! He soon realised I had actually spent a good deal of time on the sim as I never used the rudder pedals in the real aircraft simply because I had never used them in the sim as I did not have any!.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Thanks for all the help.

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

I spend all of my flight sim time flying the small propeller aircraft. Mike Stone's turboprops are the "heaviest" metal that I fly. 😎