Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Question about payware pkg from another site?

Pro Member Trainee
Dan (Dahedman67) Trainee

Being this is my first day on here, I'm having a problem with a payware pkg from another site that I'm getting little or at best vague support from the vendor.
Am I allowed to aske for help here, and I don't need to mention the vendors name outright, but would have to mention the pkg.
I'm having trouble installing it, biggest problem, I'm a novice at editing files
if I could ask for some direction, it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Let me know.

Thanks,
Dan

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can ask for help here.
I would look at the site where you made the purchase to see if they have a forum to ask questions, or email them.

I'm sure that someone here has the same product as you and can help.
Good luck with it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dan (Dahedman67) Trainee

Thanks so much Radarman!!!
Here is my problem, I have added only a few pkg's to FSX, by the way it's the FSX Gold edition, with the acceleration pkg. I purchased a light enhancement pkg, installed same worked fine, and a terrain enhancement pkg same result,works fine, reason, they self installed without my being involved. Should have stopped there, but boys and our toys hit me, and I purchased FS Live Traffic X, thru the same site downloaded it and went thru the install, only to find out that in the install instructions, it required me to go in and make changes, to several files. the fsx.cfg and the dll.xml files. I feel I got the fsx done right,only a one liner. the dll.xml was another story, the file shown in the install doc. didn't match what was in the file. I proceed anyway. Brought the program up and it downloaded data as described, then started FSX and made the change to the scenery file as directed. It did change all of the livery from stock FSX to domestic as it was supposed to, however the aircraft stay at the gate/ramp, only a few will taxi. But you never see any other aircraft in the air/taxiing/landing/taking off. Asked for support from the vendor,,big mistake, it's an automated scripted response, I explained I'm a novice, needed help, 3 days later they asked to send my fsx.cfg & scenery.cfg file which I did, then came the killer statement, this is a direct quote,you will need to download the SDK from microsoft for FSX in which the latest version of traffic toolbox is contained?? Once installed you will have to edit your dll file to point to it.?? Thats were they lost me, anybody can help,,,please do
Dan

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not sure why you need this.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526948.aspx

I hope it doesn't screw up[ your FSX installation.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dan (Dahedman67) Trainee

Thanks, before doing this , I want to mention that I left out the word "patch", from their email,
should read"SDK patch from Microsoft for FSX".
The install doc shows a Toolbox option, in the inflight menu, which hasn't shown yet, maybe this is the fix.
By the way how do I set my correct time zone for Florida, on your site???

I'l wait for your response, before trying your suggestion!!
Thanks again, this is the most help I gotten so far.
Dan H.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Let me check with a friend of mine who has the same traffic you do.

Time, go to profile at the top of this forum and change the time there.
Hit submit when your finished.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dan (Dahedman67) Trainee

OK, and thanks for taking the time to help!!
Tried downloading several prop aircraft from this site and IE8 keeps blocking the download????
And I hope that anything I do download self installs!!

Dan H.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Disable the pop up blocker by holding down the left Ctrl key.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Dahedman67 wrote:

And I hope that anything I do download self installs!!

Dan H.

Sorry to butt in but why would you hope that? It's like selling your soul to the devil... if you believe in those things.

You're much better off spending some time to learn how to install manually. It might sound crazy to you now but I guarantee that if you continue getting freeware, both aircraft and sceneries, the profound wisdom of my suggestion will dawn on you.

Best of luck... (that's what you'll be needing if you rely on self-installers)

or:

Enjoy! 😀 (The exhilaration you will experience after realizing that your add-ons actually work after having installed them manually.)

Pro Member Trainee
Dan (Dahedman67) Trainee

At my age the only exciting I do, is waking up!!
But I will endure, I did try radarman's, suggestion about using the left control key to disable, the blocker, Nope don't work.
Tried about a half a dozen times, right at the start when clicking the download button and so forth. Nope!!
What I get is on clicking the file to execute, I notice it's not the zip file name, clicking the file , gets me a msg that says , download blocked because file contains active x, and blah, blah blah, and it reloads the browser and brings me back to this site.
Quite strange.

Any suggestions?!?!. And if it's harsh , forewarn me so I can get a cup of coffe first!!! 😂
Dan H.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download and try FireFox for downloads, that should work well.

www.mozilla.com

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Let me check with a friend of mine who has the same traffic you do.

Time, go to profile at the top of this forum and change the time there.
Hit submit when your finished.

Radar

Sorry, he doesn't have that AI program.
He has Ultimate Traffic, I had it and liked it in 2004 (FS9).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dan (Dahedman67) Trainee

Oh well, better luck next time, I think it's time to uninstall live traffic and maybe try Ultimate traffic!! I did download and install firefox, on the pc I was unable to download from your site with, it worked"HURRAH FOR DAN", sorry!!
And it's faster then IE8, which is now gone, this pc is a P4(3.2 ghz) 2 gig mem, and a 9500gt,overclocked,1 gig video card, I use it strictly for gaming.
I also put firefox on my other pc, I use for personal issues, it's a intel duo core, 6 gig mem unit and the base unit for my wireless network, and it won't have IE8 very long, after I get a little stick time, I will more then likely goto firefox full time.
Thank you very much for your time spent in trying to help.
By the way do recommend Ultimate traffic??

Dan H.
p.s.: don't know if anybody might be interested, I'm a Vietnam vet - Air Force

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad FireFox worked.

Like I said, if I wanted an AI traffic I would buy Ultimate Traffic (new) for FSX.
It was easy to install and looked great.

I salute you for fighting the forgotten war.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dan (Dahedman67) Trainee

Thanks, just curious, what part of the USA are u ???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dahedman67 wrote:

Thanks, just curious, what part of the USA are u ???

West Coast.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Dahedman67 wrote:

Dan H.
p.s.: don't know if anybody might be interested, I'm a Vietnam vet - Air Force

I can assure you, everybody here is interested - with the exception of the kids who are too young and don't seem to have History on the school curriculum.

I certainly don't intend to lead you astray (am getting a bad reputation for that 🙂 ) but if you take a peek into the FS2004 section of these forums, you'll be reacquainted with all the aircraft you ever flew or came in contact with.

Toward the bottom of the Forum Page you'll find the Aviation Discussion section. Whenever you feel like sharing an experience, please do it there, we'll be all ears 😀