SearchSearch 

FSX Installations

Pro Member Trainee
clmhausler Trainee

New member here. Down load is successful, opening the zip seems to complete the installation. I go to FSX and can not see the new aircraft. I know this is simple but I have not cracked the code. Any assist?

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to the aircraft menu and put a checkmark in the box that says" show all variations".

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
clmhausler Trainee

Already done. I dont think that the installation is going to the proper file or folder. Thanks for responding

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
clmhausler Trainee

Thanks I will. I did delete all and tried to re install. When i go to that file in the zip to install, it tells me that the Air file is damaged and should consult the auther. I will look at the link. Thanks again

Pro Member Trainee
clmhausler Trainee

No joy. It appears that the installer is not working> Says that the AIR file is damaged. I have attempted 3 separate aircraft and each time i come up with the same message.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure that you are doing it as the administrator.
If you search this and the download forums you'll see a few like yours.
Nothing is wrong with the air file.

You said zip then you said installer.
Is it a exe. self installer or do you place the folder in simobjects/airplanes.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
clmhausler Trainee

Radarman, I download and then unzip but nothing installs. On other downloads (not flyaway) it usually asks me to run, I do that and the program installs. None of the flyaway downloads have done this. I go to the File contained in the zip file called Installer and it brings up the AIR file and i am told that the air file is damages and I need to cosult the author. I dont see any exe files. Specifically, I have been trying to work the P3C Orion.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Then these are not self installing.
You have to do it, most free downloads are to be installed by the user.

Follow that link I gave you that describes how to install.
You have to put the folder into the simobjects/aircraft folder by hand.
Use the read-me that came with the download.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
clmhausler Trainee

will do. Thanks