Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Joysticks

Pro Member Trainee
Nelson Robison (photoshock) Trainee

What is the best joystick to get? Mine just died and I'm going to have to wait until the first of the month to get a new one, which one should I get to have the ease of use and the most realistic sim.
The old one I had was the Logitech Freedom 2.4, it was wireless and worked fine until today, I don't know if it's the batteries or the fact that I've had this joystick for 2 years of continuous use and lots of hours flying that have caused this one not to be working today.
Money is an object as I cannot spend alot of it on a joystick but would prefer wireless as opposed to an USB cabled one. Is there any specific brand that everyone prefers over another, or are they all about the same? I'm looking to spend at most $70.00 on the joystick and shipping and handling.
Although Logitech is o.k. I'm not sure that my next purchase should be a Logitech or another brand.
Please give a shout out to me and let me know which joystick you prefer and why, if possible. Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions,
Photoshock

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use a Yoke and Pedals but buy whatever you get from Amazon and there isn't any shipping or tax here in the US (I don't know where you are).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Nelson Robison (photoshock) Trainee

Radarman, it would be nice to have the yoke and rudder pedals, but I also fly a good amount of the time on helicopters so what you suggested would not quite fit the bill.
What I'm looking for is something that is an all-around good joystick that will work with both kinds of sims. If you know of any please let me know.
Thanks again for the suggestions and comments.
Photoshock.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No, you need a good stick with a twist handle for the helicopters, I had a Sidewinder USB but no drivers for 64 bit were released by Microsoft.
Someone will suggest a good one.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Logitech joysticks are much better than Saitek ones.
The throttle on my old Saitek caused me problems.
The Logitech Extreme 3D PRO has yaw control and smooth action.