Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help please... NOOOOOBBBB!

spikeithard Guest

Hey all. Still not member.. might join soon

But I just downloaded FS2004 the other day and love it. Thinking of getting X soon. BUT. I still suck!

I can just barely take off, put up gear, etc but I still sometimes go overspeed or stall when trying to land etc. cant figure out how to land either. I seem to skip off the runway and back up again. still trying to experiment with thrust toggling.

Is there any help pages for basic flight instructions? when I try to watch the video in the game with the 2 people talking my game always restarts with an error. Is there a good page with step by step flight guides? Im thinking of getting a friend over who is in flight school at univeristy now and flies small planes to help me out lol.

any suggestions please?

thanks
chris

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First take the lessons that they give you in the Sim.
They are easy but boring but they will teach you step by step.
Never start flying an airliner, use a single engine prop or even the DC-3, that are fairly easy.
Take the lessons!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

i dont think you can download fs9 yet, and im sure its illegal.....maybe not...radarman any takke on this

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

darrenvox wrote:

i dont think you can download fs9 yet, and im sure its illegal.....maybe not...radarman any takke on this

People use the wrong (or right) terminology quite often.
Here I give him the benefit of the doubt.
If it is a download then that's what's causing the problems, until I know for sure I leave it be.

Thanks for your take on it.

Radar