Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

scenery library menu

Pro Member Trainee
asfalios Trainee

Hello,
I just installed FS9 and would like to add some scenery into the scenery library menu found under the settings menu.
It looks like I do not have a "scenery library" under settings.
The help text says I have to be logged in as administrator if I use windows XP, however I AM the administrator for my XP machine.
I am really confused.
Can you help?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

asfalios wrote:

Hello,
I just installed FS9 and would like to add some scenery into the scenery library menu found under the settings menu.
It looks like I do not have a "scenery library" under settings.
The help text says I have to be logged in as administrator if I use windows XP, however I AM the administrator for my XP machine.
I am really confused.
Can you help?

Please have another look, you MUST have "scenery library" under settings. Once you've clicked on "Settings", you'll see "Scenery Library" on the bottom in the left corner. After you've clicked on "Scenery Library", you'll have to click on "Add Area" and then navigate to the scenery you've just installed.
Note: This is called 'activating the scenery'. After you've done that, you MUST exit FS9 for the changes to take effect.

NOTE: The above will only be of use if you have already placed the Scenery into the correct folder in your "Flight Simulator 9" folder -- in most cases this will be the "Addon Scenery" folder... but not always. The Readme text will tell you where to place it.

Don't worry about the Administrator bit, I too run Windows XP and am always in Administrator mode.

Pro Member Trainee
asfalios Trainee

Dear friend thanks for the reply.
I resolved the problem.
I was looking for "scenery library" in the wrong place (it is in the initial settings page).
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,

Asfalios

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're most welcome Asfalios. I knew that you must have been looking in the wrong place -- I do it all the time Very Happy

Glad you've got it sorted.