Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

How to I add repaints of aircraft to airplane in fsx.

Pro Member Trainee
krichard Trainee

How to I add repaints of aircraft to airplane in fsx. I ony know how to add WHOLE aircraft to fsx. I have winrar if that helps. ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

krichard wrote:

How to I add repaints of aircraft to airplane in fsx. I ony know how to add WHOLE aircraft to fsx. I have winrar if that helps. ❓

All files you download from any library will be compressed in .zip format, whether they are complete aircraft, textures, sceneries, soundsets or whatever else you might download.
To extract those compressed files you can use WinRar which is actually one of the better utilities.

Sadly our in-house tutorial is riddled with mistakes and inconclusive - in other words useless.

You'll save yourself a lot of head scratching if you visit wwwdotflightsimdotcom, go to Help in the Menu bar and click on New Flightsimmers Help.

Scroll down a bit till you get to FSX Users - there you'll find Visit the FSX Forum here.

Click on here. On the next page that opens up click on How To...Install FSX Aircraft Repaints

Now you're looking at a proper tutorial written by Andrew Herd, a long time flightsimmer who is well known within the community.
The only little criticism I have is Andrews' reference to WinZip i.e.: "I have to say that I like using WinZip, because it gives you more control over what happens with files, ..."
WinRar, which you already have is far superior in every respect so you might as well stick to it.