Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

The Tailhook cruise

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:32 am 

Thanks very much for the very kind replies Tailhook and Art Very Happy , but you must stop or it'll go to my head and i'll think i'm some kind of FS Rockstar and be prancing around in my undies like Lady Ga Ga before you know it Drool
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:10 am 

You shouldn't have said that... now we demand a picture immediately!!! Devil
Razgr1z912
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:54 pm 

Oh wow, how I have missed a mastery of aviation art. These are great Welsh, and myself as a Navy lover, this is a goldmine! Well done Cheers!
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:38 am 

Thanks very much Raz it's really appreciated Very Happy !
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am 

While the Battle Group steamed up past Norfolk, the Enterprise had a day off but the Boxer was tasked to take part in an amphibious landing exercise being conducted by the US Marines. The Cobra gunships were tasked with ground support but one had a few problems and the engine had to be fixed at the last minute...
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:10 am 

As the USS Boxer was taking part in the exercise the Enterprise was being treated to a little bit of history, she was being visited by a legend that had served with distinction aboard another Enterprise many years ago.
At Oceana NAS she prepared for departure and started her engine..

..the crew were then allowed to look around the famed Grumman Avenger that served with distinction throughout World War Two in all theatres and were reminded of the history and heritage that comes with serving aboard the USS Enterprise. After a short visit the Avenger departed and the USS Enterprise turned East and headed away from home across the Atlantic Ocean....
...now the cruise begins.
effieveda
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:59 pm 

Welsh ... I have run out of superlatives to describe your beautiful work. I think that when you have completed this cruise, you should be able to assemble a coffee table book of all these fine pictures, and make a million. I know I'd buy one for sure. Smile

For me, the only thing that could top what you have done so far is to get some shots of those old warbirds on an Essex class carrier. Love

I'm sure you can do it, 'cause you seem to be able to do just about anything.

Thanks again for sharing your exemplary talent with us.

Best regards ... Art Cheers!
Traches
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:53 pm 

Wizardry is right Cool
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:29 am 

It's hard to decide which pic to look at Think Radar
I know I keep harping on about your angles... but you are very innovative with those - WOW! The Avenger is an absolute beauty - many, many beers for you

Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers!
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:40 am 

Thank you gentlemen once again for your kind replies, i'll try to keep this interesting and if i don't then..i'll stop Smile .
Stay tuned Art i'll see what i can do ! Very Happy
Razgr1z912
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:45 am 

effieveda wrote:
Welsh ... I have run out of superlatives to describe your beautiful work.

This..
darrenvox
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:13 am 

lovely shots...i like the avenger
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:33 am 

Thanks for the kind comments all Smile , sorry for the delay i've had a few issues with FS/graphics drivers that i'm trying to sort out !
jianqing
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 am 

These are some of the most realistic pic I've seen!!!!!! I have to say, the pictures are PERFECT. Well, its sad I don't have FS2004 now...... Hack
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:36 am 

Thank you jianging, the delay may be a little longer than anticipated as the wife wants me to do stuff while we're both off on hols/vacation. Shocked
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 am 

After the Atlantic transit Westland were eager to show the Marines their troop carrying gunship, so they sent one to be evaluated by the USS Boxer...

..Spooling up at Yeovilton RNAS
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 am 

While the Boxer was being visited by Westland, The Enterprise had a little problem, as the COD (Carrier Onboard Delivery) aircraft went down with maintenance issues and the crew were anxious for their mail and spare parts.
So the USAF was brought in to do a drop flying from RAF Woodbridge/RAF Bentwaters, commonly known as the twin bases.
Loading up...
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:47 am 

It's a busy time for the Enterprise while she's in the UK and now she has to undergo a small exercise with the RAF.
So the Sea King readies to depart RAF St Mawgan.....
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 am 

The Enterprise was also to take delivery of a Tempest for test and evaluation purposes of carrier use and she departed Woodbridge...

..and that's when my screen capture utility decided to fail Evil or Very Mad . As for the Tempest tests well, we'll have to see but judging by my approach and the way she handled i'm not sure if she's suited for carriers, or it just could be me Very Happy !
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:50 am 

Okay I give up, no more sleepless nights if you only tell me which Westland that is on top of the page... please, loosing hair over this Mr. Green

For a moment it looked as though the pallet was going to drop right on top of the island Shocked great idea Very Happy

The Tempest looks really good in the air and so does your approach - Iris? I can't believe you ran out of film just prior to recovery Sad

Since you've thrown down the gauntlet, I'll try my luck with the Iris Tempest, no more than three attempts. Should I succeed, I'll take a pic and rub it in... should I fail, you won't hear any more of it Razz

Thanks for the time you've spent to put these together and as usual they are outstanding!!
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:56 am 

Thank you for the kind reply TailHook, good luck with the Tempest Very Happy !
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:20 am 

I think you're just doing this to torture us Hit with Chair
Luck? I sacrificed a goat to Fortuna and kept crashing like a b****y rookie! Then, as is my habit I read the PDF manual which threw light upon the fact why I couldn't see or feel any effect of the flaps: There aren't any. Further, apart from REALLY getting your weight right according to your ordnance (which is like learning to darn socks blindfolded with your feet Evil or Very Mad ) we're told that the a/c has to be landed at a speed of no less than 180 and a high angle of attack Shocked

Fortuna owes me a goat... over and out Razz
waj2306
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:53 am 

THAT DOES IT! Does anyone want a $40.00 computer and $6000.00's worth of FS9 addon's? Wall Bashing

That was the BEST I have sat here and looked at in many, many moons! Group Wave

3/1 SFG(A)
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:01 am 

Tailhook and waj2306 thank you very much for your very kind replies, TH she is a bit of a B"%^h to fly Very Happy , waj i'll take them off you Very Happy .
But on a more serious note gents, due to circumstances this tour may slow down or go on hold indefinately. I may post a leg now and then but there are far more pressing things occuring right now that i can't go into here! So i'd like to thank everyone that posted their very kind comments and have followed my tours.