Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Reliable Payware?!

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Hey everyone, I was on this website today scanning around for amazing payware aircraft for FSX and I happen to come across this website:
http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,5552032430,10275

This website supposively contains some of the famous PMDG aircraft in the box as a CD for $69.99 USD. I was wondering if this website isn't lieng and it actually has the "orginal" PMDG aircraft and not some knock-off. At the PMDG website, the MD-11 cost $79.99 USD and it is only a download. So i'm just wondering if this great deal at this website is true. If so, i'll be sure to buy it.

Thank you for reading. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Legit as far as I know, good price.
They may be trying to promote their new US site.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Thanks RadarMan. Do you think that I should buy the 747 or the MD-11 made by PMDG from aerosoft.com? Just to let you know, i've never bought any payware or anything and this will be my first so I want it to be a really nice one.

By "legit", you mean that this product IS from the PMDG company and is EXACTLY like the one on PMDG website correct?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

By legit I mean that the site has been a reliable one in the past.
I doubt that the "package" is any different from the one that the makers site sells for $10.00 more.

I don't fly airliners, I do GA so I can't answer that with any true authority.
Fly the type of airliner you are most comfortable with.
They (PMDG) make excellent products as far as I have seen or heard.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

So the reason for them dropping the price for the "original" PMDG MD-11 is because they want to sponsor their new website or are they trying to steal customers or something?

Do you know anywhere that I can get a VERY good Concorde payware for FSX?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's my guess, they want to bring in new buyers.

WE don't have the Concorde in our store but I found one here, no idea how good.

For the SSTSIM Concorde :

http://www.sstsim.com/products/concorde.php

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Holy... I look at the reviews and what not and man, that seems like the worlds HARDEST plane to fly correctly in FSX or any other FS game. For
$70 USD, do you think it's worth buying?

BTW, that Concorde is VERY good according to what i've seen. Thank you so much for the help RadarMan. Glad to see people like you around here. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😂 Yes I read that when I was looking for it.
It depends on how willing you are to learn the manual to fly it properly.
All good software airliners are like that (PMDG).
Look how big their FREE manuals are.
http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

They can be flown without "playing" with the switches but you have to learn just enough to take off, fly and land, basic basic.
If you want realism you go the extra yard.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

As far as the pmdg 74 vs the md-11, I'd recommend the MD-11 unless you specifically want to learn the 74. The MD-11 came out a few years after they did the 74, and they used that experience to make it a little more polished and better executed.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Thank you so much RadarMan and Traches. I will be sure to buy the Concorde when I get back from vacation. 😀

As far as the 747 or MD, i'll buy them both! Surprised