Black Screen = FPS drop. ? Why?

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Ok so this has only been happening since the last time i reinstalled my OS, but now ever since then, as i play my whole screen will black out for a couple of seconds and then when it comes back my FPS have dropped, and it does it over and over and after each return my FPS drop.
Like this
start game, black out, return FPS drops about 4, blacks out again, returns, dropped another 5, it does this over and over and it's getting very annoying.

I have tried FPS lock and everything, but it still exists.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Nick, methinks if you expect anyone to help you troubleshoot you should let us know some of your specs... the OS would be a good start.

Well, okay, you haven't changed hardware and it used to work until now...
...but you must have made some changes in the meantime. Try and remember what they were.

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Nick, methinks if you expect anyone to help you troubleshoot you should let us know some of your specs... the OS would be a good start.

Well, okay, you haven't changed hardware and it used to work until now...
...but you must have made some changes in the meantime. Try and remember what they were.

Ok here are my PC specs
Windows Vista Home 32bit
Intel Duo Core 6400 @ 2.13Ghz
6 gigs Corsair
FSX ran really good before, i don't know what's up with it now.

And i don't remember changing anything, except i bought better memory, 4 gigs more of Corsair gaming memory DDR2 @ 800MHz.

Pro Member First Officer

?

Pro Member First Officer

Anyone at all??

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...