Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New Runway not recognized by ATC

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,
I used AFCAD and installed new runway to a stock airport which has 27L/9R and 27R/9L, I installd a shorter 28/10. New runway is connected with the airport taxiways and parking. All done correctly no faults found. The ATC is using both stock runways but not my new 28/10 runway. Select another runway window, when communicating with ATC does not show my new runway. The GPS does! When I land on it (against ATC's will) I immediately get instruction to contact ground as if the runway did noit exist. Can you help me out, how can I get ATC to recognize and use this runway.
Many thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Only thing i can think of is this...

in AFCAD check the runway itself and make sure you have open for takeoff and open for landing checkmarked.

If they are not checked ATC ignores it. Hope that helps, cause I have no other ideas at the moment.

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,
Thanks.
This is interesting, there is no Open for Take Off and Landing box in my AFCAD, just Closed for Take Off and Landing boxes, which I have unchecked as on rest of the stock airport runways which are active. Maybe you have a different version of AFCAD?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

That would be it... been a while since i used fs9... It IS closed for takeoff and landing boxes... ok so you say those are indeed OPEN...

and you have approaches programmed in? when u pull up the list of runways what do you see, how many... are there any nonexistent ones that show up in the lineup but are not there on the map?

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Thanks for looking into this.
My new runway showes in the GPS map and regular map view. It can also be selected in GPS. When approaching airport on IFR 'select different approach' offers my new 28-10 runway direction for approach but not for landing. Also on take offs my new runway is not offered (even if I start there I am told to taxi to one of the stock 27 or 9). Note that my new runway diviates just slightly from the stock runway direction. However I am now comparing this with stock Newark EWR airport and it does not seem to offer the shorter cross 11-29 either, just the parallel 22s and 4s (regardless the wind direction). So perhaps it is normal in FS9?