Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

noob to FSX needs a question answered

Pro Member Trainee
reed1285 Trainee

whats up all, ive just recently gotten into FSX but its hit hard haha. anyways my first question, ive downloaded 2 aircraft, after i download the plane and unzip the file, it shows two folders for the same file, zipped and unzipped. obviously i use the unzipped to copy/paste the folder in the appropiate FSX category. but my question is can i delete the still zipped file? or do i need to keep it, thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you load the unzipped folder and you see and fly the aircraft(and all the gauges are showing in the aircraft) you no longer need the zip file.

Be sure you read the read-me that came with it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
reed1285 Trainee

ok cool thanks....also if you download a plane that has afterburner effects, where do you put them in the FSX folders? im pretty sure one of the 3 planes ive downloaded has afterburner effects but they arent working (plane flies fine tho) i just want the cool afterburner effect haha. also just to make sure, im using a saitek x52 joystick and throttle, afterburners should kick on when the throttle is pushed to 100% right? thanks again for help

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There is a folder "effects", put the contents of the downloaded effects folder into that, not the folder itself.

Radar