SearchSearch 

Graphics Freaking Hate Me?!

Pro Member Trainee
HyFlier Trainee

For some reason, my graphics are WAAAAAAY worse than other people's. I have the graphics and everything set as high as possible, but still I don't get the best. Look at this:

See how you can see the jet spinning and everything? Yeah... mine is NOTHING even similar to that. What's wrong??

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Post some screenshots.

Tell us what video card you have.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
xformed Trainee

Hadn't played FSX in a bit, but pulled it up the other night and I have no background at all. Even when picking a plane to fly.

I did a fresh in stall on this system about 6 months ago (FSX Gold) and ran in both service packs. Did some flying for about a month, then work issues took over.

Specs of the 'puter:
Win7 Ult 64bit
Q9560
8G DDR2 8500
2 x ATI 5770 in Crossfire mode.
(Note: Not sure if I played before or after I installed the second card, but think I have had it running with both).
ASUS Rampage MoBo
2 x750GB Seagates RAID 0

No luck googling this.

Trying to avoid a reinstall for obvious reasons. Have graphics set to pretty much high on everything (works fine in BFBC2, MOH games with no problems)
Any hints/suggestions?

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

xformed wrote:

Hadn't played FSX in a bit, but pulled it up the other night and I have no background at all. Even when picking a plane to fly.

I did a fresh in stall on this system about 6 months ago (FSX Gold) and ran in both service packs. Did some flying for about a month, then work issues took over.

Specs of the 'puter:
Win7 Ult 64bit
Q9560
8G DDR2 8500
(Note: Not sure if I played before or after I installed the second card, but think I have had it running with both).
ASUS Rampage MoBo
2 x750GB Seagates RAID 0

No luck googling this.

Trying to avoid a reinstall for obvious reasons. Have graphics set to pretty much high on everything (works fine in BFBC2, MOH games with no problems)
Any hints/suggestions?

I don't believe FSX makes use of Crossfire..

Not sure if that's the root of your problem, but just an FYI.

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

HyFlier wrote:

For some reason, my graphics are WAAAAAAY worse than other people's. I have the graphics and everything set as high as possible, but still I don't get the best. Look at this:

See how you can see the jet spinning and everything? Yeah... mine is NOTHING even similar to that. What's wrong??

Well... he is using a aftermaket aircraft and a aftermarket scenery pack...
but the poor guy should have gotten the FSDT McCarran International Airport addon as well.

Thing is, addon packs add detail to FSX adjusting the sliders on a stock FSX system is not going to improve quality.

Pro Member Trainee
xformed Trainee

Flyboy92 wrote:

xformed wrote:

Specs of the 'puter:
Win7 Ult 64bit
Q9560
8G DDR2 8500
ASUS Rampage MoBo
2 x750GB Seagates RAID 0

No luck googling this.

Any hints/suggestions?

I don't believe FSX makes use of Crossfire..

Not sure if that's the root of your problem, but just an FYI.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll hit a stopping point and pull the bridge and see what happens.

I will add this: The selected aircraft does appear dimly and is rotating, and also leaving ghost trails, so it's not altogether not giving me any video. I'll leave results for the record.

Flyboy92