Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

When it's working.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

......this is a FSX i can get along with Very Happy . All i can see is the sea which is good as i can't ever recall the UK in winter looking like the Sudan in an extremely hot summer Razz !

Wonder what else i can find? Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Awesome Welsh! You gotta get REX though... the clouds are phenomenal!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Whey hey, nice to hear from you Bel Very Happy long time no speak, now don't be a stranger here we need good people like you Very Happy . Oh nearly forgot, thanks for the nice comment Smile ! I'd love to have REX running with it but i keep having Javaw.exe errors and CTD's Evil or Very Mad !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Niiice!!!! Tell me if I'm wrong, is that the 'Screamin Indians' landing on the CLEMENCEAU? Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Niiice!!!! Tell me if I'm wrong, is that the 'Screamin Indians' landing on the CLEMENCEAU? Read

It surely is Very Happy , i really have to get my commentary going again, i am working on it though ! Very Happy And thanks very much Tailhook, your comments are always appreciated! Very Happy I hope to improve on my screenshots soon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This feedback is much appreciated WF as I remember that for some reason in the past I hesitated to install the Clemenceau (always mindful of how fickle FSX can be)... could it be that I feared it might clash with L. Clark's AiCarriers? Most likely I'm dreaming again but I will look at the Clemenceau NOW and hopefully discover what I thought the problem might be Think

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

...for some reason in the past I hesitated to install the Clemenceau...

No folks, you are not stoned, I am quoting myself since no-one else will

Problem solved. I never installed the Clemenceau back then because it was only available through the developers' web site... and since my French had rapidly deteriorated ever since I was deported from France... trumped-up charges of course - I didn't even know which link to click on to get the carrier. Oh, and this was before 'Chrome' with its excellent translator.

So, you solve one problem only to create another... how on earth do you find this thing in the seven oceans without having graduated from the naval academy..? Help!

"I shall return.."

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook... is there a bgl with the coords in it? If so, you can write those down quickly (who writes anymore), and use the map to locate the area. Also check the times it says it should be travelling... At 30 knots, it won't be too far from any of the waypoints I imagine....

OR... plan B... If it DOES work with aicarriers, install it into the AIcarriers folder and that way you can select it from the lineup.

Welsh, I will try to be on here more often, but no guarantees, got a lot on the plate lately with trying to find a job and whatnot.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey bel thanks, got it working with AICarriers however, I'd like to poke around inside the BGL files as well as there are two included. Which program do you use?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have the sdk to compile, but good old TTools still works for traffic files.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, TTools it is, thanks Cool