SearchSearch 

Read Me

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

This is 'somewhat' related to FSX. I'm having a problem reading the "Read Me' text that come w/ the aircraft I download. When I click on it, nothing happens. However, they are in the taskbar an the bottom of the page. If I click on that, the text whizzes away to the left - off screen. Sorry if this isn't a pure flightsim problem, but I can't download the aircraft files properly if I can't read the 'Read mes". Thank you.

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

nyguy72000 wrote:

This is 'somewhat' related to FSX. I'm having a problem reading the "Read Me' text that come w/ the aircraft I download. When I click on it, nothing happens. However, they are in the taskbar an the bottom of the page. If I click on that, the text whizzes away to the left - off screen. Sorry if this isn't a pure flightsim problem, but I can't download the aircraft files properly if I can't read the 'Read mes". Thank you.

The ReadMe files are typically in 'Notepad.txt' format. It's possibly that Windows is playing some trick on you - (not unheard of) - in a perfect world these ReadMe files should open by just double-clicking on them.
If not, right-click on the ReadMe and select Open with... from the drop-down menu - select: Notepad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Usually the install procedure is the same, if not similar.

It usually amounts to:

unzip airplane to temporary folder.

copy sim objects folder to main fsx folder...

copy effects and/or gauges folder to main fsx folder.

If you are lucky you get an installer, then you just click it and follow the instructions it gives you...... if you are lucky that is.

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

Thanx guys, for responding to my request. I tried opening w/ notepad, same thing happens. However, if I open w/ Wordpad, then I can read the file. This happened to me a while ago and for the life of me, I can't remember how I fixed it! Lol!