access denied when downloading fsx aircraft-need help

Pro Member Trainee
evilp Trainee

I have windows 7 & I cannot download aircraft into FSX,when I try to unzip
an error message comes up saying access denied,unable to create directory C:/PROGRAM FILES/86 blah blah blah.What the hell.I need some help here.Just joined the forum & cant download crap!!!!!!!!!.Please help

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your downloading it but you can't unzip it.
Right click on the icon and log in as administrator.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
evilp Trainee

Which icon?The Winzip?

Pro Member Trainee
evilp Trainee

i opened fsx as administrator & winzip,i really need a crash course here,gettiing pissed off

Pro Member Trainee
James Charles (spudkiss) Trainee

the best thing to do is make a temp folder on your dashboard and unzipping to it then copying over to your flight simulator folder so you dont make the mistake of unzipping into any wrong folder or overwritting other folders... look up on youtube. search for 'how to install planes in fsx' theres alot of step by step videos

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...