Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Some screenshots of demo

jianqing
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 am 

Just looked at the "free flight simulator" section and was amazed by how it was updated. Including the X-Plane demo. It was huge(1.5GB) but still worth it, takes a lot of patients though. I added some scenery addons, and now I am at Long Beach heading for LAX(in rush for the 10 minute demo time lol)

ENJOY!(PS: When I previously played, the jagged edges were gone, now they are back Embarassed )

to help fps, x-plane is creating a fog Evil or Very Mad

Now how am i gonna find the airport?

oh my god....(u can see the rwy to the right)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Which will fall faster, our stock price or our planes?

Fly with us and enjoy a free two-week hospital stay on us.

Thank you for flying with us. We hope you enjoyed giving us the money as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride

We have reached our cruising altitude,I am going to switch the seat belt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land ... it's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern.
swantee
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:16 pm 

Looks as though you need to seriously upgrade your computer jianqing - or forget about X-Plane
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 am 

Nice shots I suppose, not the best graphics wise, but as long as your having fun that's all that matters. I suggest investing in a new computer and moving to at least FS2004 or FSX.
Please direct your complaints to the moon, they might care there.
swantee
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 am 

If he's getting the 'Tell Tale' Grey foggy momotones from X-Planes attempt to adjust his computers resources FSX will be like flying a stubborn Donkey- it murders resources! The pleasure of Games like FSX or Sims like X-Plane is the hassle free smooth flight experience when everythings running 'Honkey Dorey'.
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:36 am 

swantee wrote:
If he's getting the 'Tell Tale' Grey foggy momotones from X-Planes attempt to adjust his computers resources FSX will be like flying a stubborn Donkey- it murders resources! The pleasure of Games like FSX or Sims like X-Plane is the hassle free smooth flight experience when everythings running 'Honkey Dorey'.

Oh yeah I understand, I meant to move to FSX AFTER he gets a new computer.
swantee
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 am 

Yup! FSX is a good starting point on the way up to the realistic flight experience of X-Plane where the Walt Disney characters get left on the runway.
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:03 pm 

Previous X-Planes have been rubbish for everything other than their physics involved, but the new one looks fairly promising. FSX is better in every other way though at this stage in time, other than performance and model physics.
swantee
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:51 pm 

Basically I like the simulated experience of Flying an aircraft--purely to fly or feel as though I'm flying in a pretty realistic sense which I only get from X-Plane. I started with FSX & loved it and bought just about every addon possible the best of scenery-the Airports-and hundreds of planes and was happy with it.
I tried the X-Plane Demo but rubbished it because basically I just could not Fly anything in it. I was however very inpressed by the scenery I witnessed for the brief moments I managed to stay aloft.
A lot of determinnation saw me intent on flying X-Plane just for the challenge & I'm glad I bothered. It's intensive and basically apart from the preformance & model physics you rightly mention what does one need from a flight simulator? You only need a razor to shave-not a Hollywood Studio backdrop.
I think the Scenery in FSX is real 'Mickey Mouse stuff' and pricey too. I know we can adjust it but in realism why should we? Juggernaughts racinng across the Isles of the Shetlands EGES or KFHR? 'T' Junction traffic disappearing into oblivion. So called trees in completely alien geographic localities. Planes that fly themselves while you make a sandwich? Game? Sim?
XPv10 better -here's hoping!. The best scenery I have come across so far is in my Boys Railworks. Travelling in England I can actually identify the trees and plants at the trackside-they are that acurate and from the previews of XPv10 I've seen so far it's soon going to happen for us armchair pilots.
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:13 am 

Well then I counter you with these.
http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=16511

And btw, you can make a sandwich while flying in real life too but that's bad airmanship which you don't have to worry about in the Sim. Laughing

The main reason I prefer the Flight Simulator series is for the graphics, which I think are better. If I want to realism as in X-Plane, I just go to my local airport and fly a real plane, it's pretty realistic I'd like to think. Laughing

But yes, they're both different sims, and they each cater to different people wanting to play each prospective games in the ways that they each individually excel at.
swantee
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 am 

Hit the nail bang on the head Cheeks. My comments were purely MY preferences and opinions of the two programs (FS2004 didnt come into it but I prefer that to FSX- it seems to lie somewhere between the two in many respects)
If ever you are flying and the stewardess comes and says "Theres some guy who can smell sandwiches in the cockpit & wants to get off" ---It will be me!
P.S I tried posting snome snapshots yeasterday for the first time in my life, they were above your last posting--Do they open? Have a G,day
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:41 pm 

I think I'd leave that to the stewardesses. Laughing
They'd be much better at it than me anyway!

And yep, they worked just fine, very nice screenshots to be honest, much better than I expected for X-Plane. Very Happy