Round guages for 747

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

Hi

In FS2002 the 747 had round guages when going W in the cockpit. Was great because one could get full screen view and have the small round gauges at the bottom of the screen to tell wind speed.

Now with FS2004, besides pukie colours for the planes, I get two horrendious tall rectangular guages blocking my view, is there a way to get the old round guages back?

cheers
tom

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read #1 on this page. It'll answer your question.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_10keycommands.asp

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Those "Two horrendous square things" are what the gauges look like. If you don't like them, then download a new panel, I guess there's lots of other panels for the 747 out there.

Radarman can point you toward more, but i'd start my search at www.avsim.com

BTW: are you referring to the interior or exterior of the planes for the "pukie" color, they've got more pretty aircraft out there too.

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Those "Two horrendous square things" are what the gauges look like. If you don't like them, then download a new panel, I guess there's lots of other panels for the 747 out there.

Radarman can point you toward more, but i'd start my search at www.avsim.com

BTW: are you referring to the interior or exterior of the planes for the "pukie" color, they've got more pretty aircraft out there too.

Gee no kidding, I was asking if one can get the round gauges like FS2002...so telling me if I don't like them I can download a new panel...well um, that's what my post as about WHERE CAN I get them, or did we miss something here?

Speaking of exterior of the plane, and yes I've downloaded the NorthWest older colours version, but the point again is that FS2004 has pukie coloured planes and no, the guages are round, depends on which ones you select. The one's they had in FS2002 were round, in FS2004 they are tall rectangular.

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Nope, I guess I am missing something with my posting, I thought my command of English was good enough.

I had already mentioned about when one goes W to get the instrument view, so not sure why I'm being told that is the answer...

The screen shot in that link you gave is exactly what I am looking for. In FS2004, so some reason I have two very large rectangular guages, my altimeter and one other one blocking most of my view.

So once again I am asking is there a way to change panels or guages and how does one do it.

I don't know why people insist on answering my question with the exact question I'm asking...must be the thin air or something...

How and Where. Don't think that is too complicated to answer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Before you go off and insult people that are trying to help, read your own post.
You said that you pressed "W" in 2002 to get the round gauge.
I told you to do the same in 2004 to get the round gauge.
Here are a sampling of 747 panels, pick the one you like.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=747&CatID=fs2004pan&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Again, I say DUHHHHHHHHH!

It's no wonder we cant uderstand you, you've got such a firm grasp on the obvious, you forgot to ask anything.

So here's what you can do

When you hit the W. Key, try and drag the size of the windows down some so that they get smaller.

As I've said, at least twice because you quoted me, go to www.avsim.com and search for another panel that suits your taste.

Stay there, and look for repaints for the aircraft.

Good lord, I thought i reigned supreme as the asshole here

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

Dear Mr. DUHHHHHHHHHHH

I appreciate your attempt to sound like you know what you are talking about, but it fails to answer my original question.

"HOW does one go about getting the round gauges back for a 747-400 like in FS2004 WHEN one hits W."

Not too complicated. Resizing or hitting W is NOT the answer...

Aiche bin sliben.

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Again, I say DUHHHHHHHHH!

It's no wonder we cant uderstand you, you've got such a firm grasp on the obvious, you forgot to ask anything.

So here's what you can do

When you hit the W. Key, try and drag the size of the windows down some so that they get smaller.

As I've said, at least twice because you quoted me, go to www.avsim.com and search for another panel that suits your taste.

Stay there, and look for repaints for the aircraft.

Good lord, I thought i reigned supreme as the asshole here

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

My apologies RadarMan, but it was quite frustrating searching Google for an answer and finally coming here to get more or less nothing. So yes, I was a bit short, but it was after searching I was near the end of my patience.

The link you gave is the inside of the cabin panels, I'm wanting to know how to get those round guages which already show inside the cabin to show up when I'm "outside" or in W mode. Right now in FS2004 there are these two large obtusive guages blocking the view. FS2002 had the round guages near the bottom. The most important one I need is the small round airspeed indicator. I can tell how far off the ground I am, so I don't need the present bulky altimeter in my face.

That's all I was asking. Not sure but maybe I am the only one with this issue in FS2004, because the question seems to elude people here.

Again my apologies for being short, I was just frustrated hoping to find an answer and end up with Mr. DUHHHHHH's dorkie answer when I already stated about pressing "W".

cheers
tom

RadarMan wrote:

Before you go off and insult people that are trying to help, read your own post.
You said that you pressed "W" in 2002 to get the round gauge.
I told you to do the same in 2004 to get the round gauge.
Here are a sampling of 747 panels, pick the one you like.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=747&CatID=fs2004pan&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ok, I don't know what the problem is, the only way that I know of (as you see MS tells us the same) is the "W" key.
IF, and I don't blame you if it's not satisfactory, you only need the altitude, you can press "Shift+ Z" three times in a "rocker" fashion and you'll get 2 lines of red information at the top of the screen.

If this doesn't satisfy you then come back and lets see what we can come up with.

Question: Is this the only aircraft in your folder that doesn't have the round "W" gauges or do all have the same problem.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

Just in the 747, any type, odd's-n-ends I've downloaded like Northwest Orient, or KLM 747 all have the square guages.

The 737, 747 and C5 Galaxy have the round gauges. Is there a file I can copy from those into the 747's? I looked under guages and see C5 listings but there are about 5 different ones. Thought renaming those to 747 and see what happened, but thought I'd ask here first.

Maybe I should do a screen shot so everyone knows what I am talking about. I've uploaded the images to:

http://www.tomax7.com/gauges.htm

cheers
tom

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

I finally ended up reinstalling FS2004 thinking a download screwed it up, and found that the big rectangular guages are standard.

I reinstalled OpenSky NW 747-400 and got the round gauges back! Whoohoo!

Only problem is when refuelling it tips on it's arse as well the throttle doesn't stay up all the time, after a few secs it returns to idle...

*sigh*

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...