Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

TNCM SCENERY

Pro Member Trainee
Bondiblu2 Trainee

Hi Everyone - looking for some help.

I just purchased the TNCM scenery. Can anyone please give me detailed info how to install it. I can't seem to get it going. I have FSX - Windows 7 - 64Bit. Thank you. Bondi

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Follow the read-me but the chances are all you have to do is double click the self installer icon.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bondiblu2 Trainee

Hi there - thx for ur response. I see 2 files: BR2_TNCM.BGL & FILE_ID.DIZ file. I've unzipped both - first to desktop; then directly into the scenery folder. Still showing the old rwys (09/27) - and no difference in the scenery that comes by default with FSX. Maybe i'm missing a step? thx again 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have that so the names are meaningless to me.
Just let the self-installer point ti the scenery ot FSX folder and do it.
It'll show up, the Sim will warn you that it rebuilding the scenery when you start it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bondiblu2 Trainee

Hmm - that's just it ... I don't see any "self installer." I've installed dozens of add-ons prior to this - and they're pretty str8 fwd. Do we have tech support with this - in the way of a ph #?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know where you bought it.
Check where you bought it and see if they have a forum or a contact, either email or phone.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Bondiblu2 wrote:

I see 2 files: BR2_TNCM.BGL & FILE_ID.DIZ file. I've unzipped both - first to desktop; then directly into the scenery folder. Still showing the old rwys (09/27)

If you see the .BGL and a .DIZ file, you are obviously dealing with freeware, not payware and therefore most likely not include an installer .exe. The only decent freeware TNCM has to my knowledge not been updated for FSX... but you'd better double-check.

The runways 9 and 27 are the same even in the FlyTampa payware... this is not an issue.

In FSX, some freeware sceneries have to be manually activated - I think that's the step you are missing.