Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Problems installing an add-on for Flight Simulator 9

mark22 Guest

I am trying to install an add-on programme for Flight Simulator 9 and I keep getting the message '[microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'. Then after that I get a series of errors popping up and not able to load the programme at all. I have tried numerous suggestions but as yet have not been able to find a way to make it work. My PC is a desktop WIN7 and I have all the up to date downloads installed including service pack 1. I have actually been on to the company's website via their forum and explained what's happening and although I have had many replies none have worked. Suggestions have been things like making sure UAC is turned off, run the programme as administrator, download all the lastest updates, turn off your anti-virus plus many more, all of which I have done but to no avail. I am not that techinically minded so any basic help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
mark22 Guest

Thanks but that's to do with installing aircraft, my problem is a specific programme that I cannot install which could be more of a technical issue than anything.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes I now realize that and have given you a reply elsewhere.

Radar

mark22 Guest

Yes thanks, I will respond to you 'elsewhere'!