SearchSearch 

New screenies (May 27)

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Dev team wrote:

Friday, May 27, 2011 - Welcome to our May edition of screenshots!

Thank you to all that have been eager for new content on the site. We have been and remain in a very heads down development phase, but wanted to give all of you a little taste of the work in progress. This is a very exciting time for the team and we hope to share a little more soon.

Thank you!

The Microsoft Flight Development Team

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#

I can't link you directly because the entire site is a silverlight app, but it's the latest entry under screenshots.

Anyway it looks good! One thing that always bothered me with FSX is the way textures would get stretched over cliffs and other terrain; you can tell that it's designed for a flat world and then stretched to fit various geographic features, looking positively terrible. It's tough to tell for sure, but from these shots it looks like that's been improved upon.

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

It's great that it looks like that, but what I'm more interested if that it's optimised much better than what FSX was, so you don't need a $5,000 + computer (at the time) to run the damn game. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

My biggest worry... memory leaks. I am soooo tired of "FSX has run out of memory and will now close"... Then my trees all turn to psychotic vertical lines and poof... there goes my 4 hour flight to Rio.

If they fix that alone in MS Flight I will consider actually getting it.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Seeing as it's an entirely new development team working on it, who is most likely very well aware of all of FSX's shortcomings, I'd say we can expect an entirely new set of problems 😀