Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Cessna Skylane

FockWulfe Guest

Until I recently purchased FSX, I have always flown FS02. Overall, I'm pleased, but I miss the C182RG. I know about the Carendo model, but I'm not interested in paying 20 bucks. Are there any freeware alternatives? If not, is there a way to modify the 2002 Skylane to be FSX compatible? Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Please only post the same question in one forum, all it does is cause extra work removing it.

Your aircraft, free.

http://www.simviation.com/fsxprops17.htm

Radar

FockWulfe Guest

I ran into that one, except the wheels aren't retractable; I installed it myself and flew it. I like it, but it's not what I truly hoped for. Any other results? I though about editing it myself and adding wheels, but that's not going to happen, I'm just to inexperienced. Bottom line, anything else? (sorry about posting it twice. accidental. long story.)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

While I understand you say your not interested in the Carenado model, for $20, it is a bargain mate.

The level of detail and how the plane feel is basically spot on, it is 100 times better than your FS02 182RG. Trust me, they're renowned for making brilliant, quality FS aircraft, the money is NOT wasted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Have to agree, some of the free ones won't have what Carenado can make.

Radar