Reinstall not working

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

Hi guys.

I just changed out some hardware and installed Windows 7.
I did a clean install of FSX with no problems.

Now when I try to install Acceleration it starts caching files and then says it's rolling back. It then gives me a screen that says:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Setup
ended before completing installation. Your
system has not been modified. To install this
program at a later time, please run Setup again.

Over and over, no matter how many times I try. My drivers are all up to date, I've tried running it as administrator. The only thing I haven't done ( and dread having to do ) is step back my directx to 9, then upgrading it back to 11. I REALLY don't want to do this.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've Googled, Binged, Microsoft Forumed, other forumed, everythinged!

PLEASE HELP!!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

And yes, I've tried the repair function as well.

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

Not even Microsoft has a solution to this!

So here goes, I'm formatting every hard drive within a 20 mile radius of my house and reinstalling the whole shebang again. We'll see if that works.

😛
😕

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...