72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

i cant find a post anywhere on what you guys have done to this website, but i love it!!! Nice organization nice color scheme etc etc

However i dont come here all that much anymore, i dont upload pics as much as i do here anymore as i have alot of SS's to mysimshots.com.

but i do come here once and a while to look for new files and aircraft etc..

well done guys!!

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I'm glad you like the changes made to the website theme.

We have also been working hard behind the scenes on the code that runs the website - adding new functions, improving existing, more content, URL structure... etc. We have been upgrading the site for over two months now.

We will post an article after all of the changes have been made so you can see exactly what has been done.

Radarman is aware of most of the changes, so he's here to discuss them too.

If you have any more suggestions; now would be the time to voice them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Avatar's please, no automatic resizing, if you are to do that, make the limit 1024x768, and allowed pic signature's again please.

Personally, I also believe that you and RM can not do all the work yourselves, there needs to be new moderators as the majority of the others have gone walkabouts, and so it is only you two, I think there should be 1-3 more moderators to keep the forum more in line.

Just my two cents.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I like the new look as well, but I don't think it displays properly in google chrome (Unless it's a problem only I'm having.)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Cheeks wrote:

Avatar's please, no automatic resizing, if you are to do that, make the limit 1024x768, and allowed pic signature's again please.

Personally, I also believe that you and RM can not do all the work yourselves, there needs to be new moderators as the majority of the others have gone walkabouts, and so it is only you two, I think there should be 1-3 more moderators to keep the forum more in line.

All of the above. If there must be a choice between either Avatars or Signatures, my preference goes to Avatars as they make browsing a thread so much easier.
Signatures have always caused problems and always will - not only here at Flyaway.
The Signature issue at some sites is so problematic that you have to search for the actual text of the post because the Signature and various Ranking symbols take over most of the page.

Irrelevant, outdated Stickies are useless - get rid of them!

Newbies in particular keep posting in the wrong section... can you blame them? The Forum home page is a jungle and can appear quite daunting.

Place Forum sections which apply to all sims together at the top of the page such as the Hardware Forum.
The FS2004 Repaint Forum should be renamed as well... drop the 2004 to make it generic and move it to the top of the page.

Pro Member Site Admin

Cheeks wrote:

I'll look into getting avatars reinstated - we removed them initially because of security issues.

I understand many of you have wide-screen displays (especially flight simmers) - however, many visitors of the site have smaller resolution monitors and setting the image size that wide would give them scroll bars horizontally (left-right). I'll look into a dynamic resizing option - so that the images automatically get resized depending on the users screen resolution. Leave it with me.

Pro Member Site Admin

Tailhook wrote:

All of the above. If there must be a choice between either Avatars or Signatures, my preference goes to Avatars as they make browsing a thread so much easier.

I'll look into this - it shouldn't be a problem.

Tailhook wrote:

Irrelevant, outdated Stickies are useless - get rid of them!

Agreed, I'll have all of the sticky topics revised.

Tailhook wrote:

Newbies in particular keep posting in the wrong section... can you blame them? The Forum home page is a jungle and can appear quite daunting.

Place Forum sections which apply to all sims together at the top of the page such as the Hardware Forum.
The FS2004 Repaint Forum should be renamed as well... drop the 2004 to make it generic and move it to the top of the page.

Forum home page has been reorganized - new categories, new forums, consolidation of certain forums and renaming of some forums... let me know your thoughts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

A few years ago, I would have agreed with you, but I think these days it's safe to upgrade the limit to 1024 x 768, following suit with a lot of other major forums. But that dynamic resize according to one's screen sounds fairly reasonable, and could even cater to bigger sizes than that.

BTW, do you think that there are sufficient admin/moderator capacity at the moment? I'm curious to know what your opinion on this is. (I don't mind either way, just curious).

I don't know if this is a new era of Flyaway, but jeez, I'm sure liking it, I, and I think everyone else, sure appreciate that you and RM are listening to our feedback and looking at implementing it.

Kudos to you sir, and this site should hopefully regain some more popularity just like it used to! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

The thread to this topic was down in the Off Topic Section. I noticed the first day it came online:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/37266/diggin-new-look/

Cool

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Flyaway,

I concur with what has been said in that I like the new look too! - Thanks for keeping the site current and technically sophisticated!

I wonder if there might be a tool available so that a user could search for a particular screenie?

Just a thought.

Cheers on keeping FLYAWAY the best simmer site for an all around good time in the hobby! Clapping

Sincerely,

-O.G.