safe mode

scullerz Guest

my flight sim says its in safe mode but my pc isnt and comes up with hardware accelartion needed do u know how i can gix it plz 😞

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Fs in safe mode means that something on your graphics side is not right

1st can your graphics card handle the sim?
2nd make sure your drivers are upto date
3rd you have the latest DirectX installed

Come back with your system specs if none of the above work

scullerz Guest

my spec for my laptop is

pentuim 4 2.6 ghz
40gb hard disk
512 ram
intel(r) 82852/82855 gm/gme graphics controller

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
scullerz Guest

so wat do i have tyo do to get it to work

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ermm... It looks like the only way for you to go is to spend ££$$
If your card is only 32mbs

Just check in the control panel under disply and see if you can use any advanced features to accelerate the chip

Have you tried the drivers on the link Radar gave?

scullerz Guest

thanks i have downloaded divers but no joy and have found at that my accelartion is full so just oe last question, do u know of any good graphic cards for laptops

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Im sorry I know nothing about laptops.
As a starting point for anything PC I use this ➡

http://www.tomshardware.com/

Hope it helps

Pro Member Trainee
PierreL Trainee

To get a new card inside a laptop would cost a fortune for they are not designed for being easily repaired/upgraded (with the exception of memory). I have never heard of an external one, it could possibly exist through the PCMCIA port, but technically I doubt that it would perform with the extra distance between the processor(s) on that card and the mother card.

Desktop are flexible, that's the reason why they stay in a business in spite of the encumbrance.
Pierre

win98 works with 8mb vid cards same problem with 32mb radeon pci here

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...