SearchSearch 

multiplayer, (not many go to its forum, so i post here, lol)

crosscheck9 Guest

Hi,
I just have a quick question about the multiplayer. Everytime I click join to a session, the sim stops responding. Please help

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What do you mean by "stops responding" does it freeze, crash, black out?

See if these are of any help and yes we do look at all the forums for new questions. The questions in that forum are usually someone looking for IP's.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;823630

Radar

crosscheck9 Guest

it freezes. I cant do anything with the sim at that time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you have SP1 or SP2 installed.
Do you have the MS patch.
Do you have DirectX 9.0c

Give us your computer specs, ram, cpu, video card etc.

Radar

crosscheck9 Guest

lol, pretty tough questions you just threw at me Radarman, I'm not exactly a computer whiz but ill try to give you what i can. For the first 3 questions you asked, how do I know if i have them or not. My brother uses the computer alot, so he might have gotten them without me knowing, but I think i can help you with the rest....

512 MB - 200GB - 8x graphics card with 128MB DDR video memorty and TV out - 3400+ AMD

thats about all i know. tell me if you need more info. Ill try and help you out. THANKS ALOT

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ok, go to Start/Run/ type in "dxdaig" and see which DirectX you have and what the name and number of your video card is.
You can also run tests on your video and sound cards in there.
Let us know what you find out.
It should say which version of Windows your running, SP1 or whatever. They may call it "Build".

Radar

crosscheck9 Guest

hey radarman, sorry for the late reply, When I typed in dxdiag, it said....

do you want to allow dxdiag to checkk if your drivers are digitally signed as logo'd by microsoft's windows hardware quality labs (WHQL)? This may cause windows to connect to the internet to download new WHQL certificates. no information is retrieved from your system. we recommend answering yes so that dxdiag has more complete info about your system.

should i clik yes?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No, the window with all the display, sound, DirectX tabs should show up. I just did it and it didn't ask a thing.
You never want Windows to choose any drivers for you.

Download and use this and let us know what video card you have by name.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Radar