Problems with loading aircraft and using FSX

rkaczoro Guest

Hi everyone, everytime I try to play FSX it will either shut off on me either mid-flight or upon initial start-up. After installing the game (I do have a legit copy), it will sometimes work; however, after shutting down my computer and playing FSX at another time, FSX will prompt me to install again.

Also, when trying to load the T-34C that I downloaded, FSX will shut down completely, and I end up having to reload the game.

Anyone know what is causing these issues and/or how can I fix them?

I don't have great operating characteristics on my laptop. I'm just trying to play FSX for procedural knowledge. My system operating limitations are as follows:

-Intel Core 2 Duo Processor at 2.00 GHz
-3 GB of ram
-Windows Vista 32-bit operating system
-DirectX version 11

I also have a Toshiba Satellite A305.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I recommend playing FS2004 instead, if it's after procedural knowledge, it'll run better and have less crashes, as it requires less resources, so it's a much better option. Also for a T-34, I recommend the Carenado example which will set you back a few bucks but it is definitely worth it.

Just my two cents, as I believe your PC is struggling with FSX.

rkaczoro Guest

Thanks for the reply. The T-34C may be just for FSX, would you by any chance know how to upload it in FS2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Backwards compatibility is foreign language to Microsoft, so unfortunately, only FS9 -> FSX ports are capable of being done. HOWEVER, this is by far the best T-34 you can find, and is well worth the cash (even though it's a bit steep).

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=871

I really enjoy flying it, and I'm sure you will if you end up getting it!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...