Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Unpleasant Surprise in my mailbox

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Thank you Fly Away,

You just introduced the absolute low of my day today.

I opened my mailbox and saw the latest edition of your newsletter arrive, but in jaw-dropping disbelief I read the subject of it.

After disbelief, next in the lineup was straight-down rage. What in the WORLD makes you think you should report on Steve Jobs?

There are plenty of other websites people can go to when they want to read about Steve. They're called "any other website". You are a flight platform, and about as suitable to report on this story as the IRS is to report on the mating habits of sea-dwelling bacteria.

I have just about 0% interest in Apple. Steve was a great person - fine, but so was mother Theresa. Big whoop.
The main reason that I do NOT subscribe to apple-fanboy-websites is, that I don't want to hear about apple.

What I DO want to hear about, is Flight Simulators.
I DO appreciate a relevant newsletter arriving in my inbox with the latest scoops in the realm of virtual flight.

So please, reality check before you issue the next newsletter. It'd better not be about Somalian Pirates....

Thank you.

[EDIT] PS, fix this page, SEND button is broken.

4 Responses

Chickiee88 Guest

Listen, I understand where you're coming from, but don't criticize for it. Fly Away was just paying their respect to him, not making him seem like the savior. If you're gonna pounce on someone for that, make it worth while.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Chickiee88 wrote:

Listen, I understand where you're coming from, but don't criticize for it. Fly Away was just paying their respect to him, not making him seem like the savior. If you're gonna pounce on someone for that, make it worth while.

You got a cheek coming here as a free poster castigating a valued member of this forum who has helped many in the past with their problems. What gives you the right to criticise ARD-DC?
If your choice of words is an indication, I very much doubt that you know 'where he's coming from'.
Fly Away Administration has always treated our complaints with an open mind and has never censored any opinion expressed in a civilised manner, in other words, this forum is a Democracy which you Sir obviously have a lot to learn about.
FYI I can assure you that comparing Steve Jobs to some kind of saviour is the furthest from ARD-DC's mind.

Think

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook, the way things are run around here, this is NOT a democracy in my opinion. 🙄

Chickiee88 Guest

I respect your opinion, but in no way was I trying to make this hostile. I was just defending what I think is a very good website, and in NO way whatsoever am I trying to make this a seniority issue. Just because a person is of higher rank does it mean they're always right. I do not, however, appreciate the hostility given off on your part...