Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Problem with Saite PRO FLIGHT YOKE SYSTEM

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

I recently purchased the Saitex yoke system while in Arlington Texas. When I got home to Australia and installed it I found that it freezes after about a minute or two into the flight. I am able to get airborne but thats about it. I have to reboot my computer.
I cant imagine that because I bought it in the US that it would be incompatable here in Australia.
Any help would be appreciated.

FSX
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Precessor + 3.20 GHz
4Gb RAM
64 bit Operating System

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

A shot in the dark... Think

Do Australia and the U.S. have the same electricity current (I think that's what it's called) ...I'm sure you know what I mean. Perhaps you want to make sure of that first.

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

The power voltage is different ie the US uses 120V while Australia uses 220v. That said, I wonder if the voltage was an issue why it would start in the first place. Everything works fine for a few minutes even the throttle. I'm not an electrician, so you might be onto something. I will contact saitek if I can and seek their advice.
Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

As you can see, I'm not an electrician either hence my struggle to find the word voltage... which puts my superior intellect to shame since even my great-grandmother remembers the word Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

On a more serious note, whether or not the difference in voltage would allow your Saitek flight controls to bring to life in the first place is of course a mystery to me. However, there is no doubt in my mind that an incompatible voltage would cause problems sooner rather than later.

To contact Saitek would have been my course of action too. Should you run into a snag with Saitek, my guess is that any real electrician would be able to sort out your dilemma... hopefully without major re-wiring and brain-surgery.

Curiosity once more has gotten the better of me - do let us know how you're getting on.