Virtual Pilot 3D Flight Simulator (Real product or Scam)

Pro Member Trainee
U2michuggy Trainee

I have seen this product advertised on Facebook and wondered if anyone knows whether it is a Bona-Fide product or just a huge SCAM. It is apparently retailing on their website for an introductory price of $67 instead of $137 Regular Price. Many Thanks❓

Answers 78 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The first time I've heard that name.
It looks to me to be another name of that one that spams most forums.
Here is what Wiki has on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FlightGear#Commercial_redistribution

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
U2michuggy Trainee

Thanks for that Radar Man, I think I will leave this one alone...... unless it gets proper Commercial Release....... The web site is very convincing, however if you google Virtual Pilot 3D Flight Sim you get sent to the same review via different links...... which is what led me to thinking it was a scam. 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes, I think FSX is it for now...maybe someone in the near future will build a worthwhile Sim.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

It's another re-brand of FlightGear. Read our original article here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4363/

p76 niko Guest

DON'T BUY IT!! ITS A SCAM ALL THE PLANES ARE FLIGHTGEAR PLANES!!

Zyzmog Guest

It's the same old scam, with a different name. They added a couple of nice touches this time: first, they added the "TM" designator to the name. It's not really trademarked, it just builds credibility (like all those "TRUST US" badges at the very bottom of their web page). Second, they're claiming that VirtualPlane3D is "FAA Certified". They're lying.

I've been following this scam for quite a while at Zyzmog Galactic Headquarters. The only thing that changes are the names.

flightguy Guest

I actually ordered this and when it loads for me it says their is an error in the main loop and aborting, then crashes, and says possible reason is not enough memory but I have a brand new computer with all the specs beating what they require to play by a lot!

Because I have yet to play this once I have been emailing them a lot for help in getting this error to disappear but I am still waiting on a response from them and getting very irritated.

Guest Guest

About VirtualPilot3D, like it has been said, it looks like the FlightGear SCAM (that was selling an open source and totally freely available flight simulator).

Some differences, though - the screenshots look like FSX!

Here's a post on this "new" flightsimulator (SCAM) on the well known among flightsim fans site - www.simflight.com

http://www.simflight.com/2012/05/28/just-what-we-needed-another-scam/

Also a post on their forum:
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71737-scam-new-virtual-pilot-3d-flight-simulator-scam/

PegThom Guest

I saw their ad for the first time last night and instead of checking them out first, I ordered it!!! Well!!! Their offer was for $58. or something like that. By the time I got through I had paid $200.
They tell you that once you pay the fee, which has escalated from $58. to what they then tell you is the least good version and suck you into buying the $139. version that is supposed to have all they advertised, that you will have access to the members site and be able to have the game sent to you in a set of five DVD's. When you've paid the $139. and get to the members site you put all your shipping info in and then are taken to a payment page where you have to pay an additional $58.
None of the download links work, and all they did was pile my computer with malware and spyware. I ended up having to restore my pc! I opened a dispute today through PayPal to get my money back. It will take 30 days or more but it will be a lesson learned!

Has anyone actually received the DVD's or been able to use the links after paying?

circuitburner Guest

ok, Im a flight sim nut, and real life heli pilot. I was taken by the ads... and bought the "VIP" package for 129.00 ... most of the models you can download are not fully complete ...except maybe a couple that are bundled with the product...nice boeing airliners... but the terrain is buggy looking, everything is beta-ish...not a completed polished product by any means....
After excitedly downloading a handfull of interesting models....sadly most lack polish, and the cockpits for the mosrt part have rough edges (figuratively speaking...)
It seems to me this sim had / has promise...but its just to GD buggy / rough for me to keep .... plus they allow unlimited installs to as many PCs you want ???? that raised a red flag to me right there.....
I think this was a promising sim, that got rushed, and lost developers, then the marketers took the incomplete / unpolished work to market to make a buck.... kinda sad in a way... it really seemed to be everything a flight simmer would ever want....
a barbie doll, missing a leg....
cancelling payment as of today....

kezza Guest

Yep it is a scam, arseholes thinking they can take Flight Gears hard work and go skiing on it.

If you want to spend money, try X-Plane, but don't go with the beta testing programme unless you like the frustration of an evolving product. Difference between X-Plane and FS is XP uses a far more sophisticated flight model, FS still has the edge in eye candy, but losing it quickly.
The Kezzatron

kflyte Guest

The first thing that raised my suspicions was the aggressive and dramatic marketing technique. Absolutely desparate! Then came the added expenses over and above what they promised from the intial offer. I hate these scumbags that deceive and rape the consumer. I'm staying with the tried and true MSX product even though it may have some shortcomings. Consumer beware!

Jim Sartor Guest

Total junk. Takes forever to load and then YOU have to install each and every place and each and every bit of scenery separately. Most of the on screen boxes, instruments, etc., are non responsive.

Airports are listed by some incomprehensible numbering system instead of by airport name or location.

TOTAL JUNK. Should be run out of business. Am trying to get refund but I'll probably have less success at that than I had at getting this thing to run.

g johnson Guest

Warning! Virual Pilot is a rip off . I paid for Virtual Pilot 3d VIP Premium World Scenery + bonuses and downloaded it and it was crap. They ADVERTISED that they would refund money if not satified. Emailed several times but NO REPONSE. DON'T BUY THE PRODUCT.....

jemuel Guest

hello, if I've downloaded FMC (2004) in which folder of my flight simulator should I place him?[/i]

George h Guest

this is s a total rip off...paid the 67.00 USD...it does not work!...they refuse to answer any and all e-mails....do not buy this product !

James of FL Guest

YES ... IT IS A SCAM ... TOTAL RIPOFF
YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS THING FLY IF PUT IT IN AN ACTUAL AIRPLANE.

CAUTION ... I HAVE BEEN SENDING THEM MESSAGED FOR MONTHS TRYING TO GET A REFUND AND ALL I RECEIVED WAS A NOTE SAYING "WE WILL NOTIFY ACCOUNTING".

SAVE YOU MONEY!

Yes, I was looking at the advert and thought this was too good to be true and it was, so after looking around on the internet and came across this forum, my doubting questions were answered straight away. good job its always best to do a little research before parting with your hard earned cash..

I new it was a sock full of poop, the tip off that they were 5th graders was that they kept refering to the Earth as a flat planet, they kept saying
WORLD WIDE in their ad. Now brother we all know that this planet is round,world round not NOT world flat.
All you losers out there must pay attention to their grammer when things are put up for sale.
sportroc ( licensed pilot)

garrett the carrot Guest

Dear everyone reading this,

Virtual pilot 3d is a scam that is just the free-to-use flight gear simulator. When I downloaded from a link after ordering the vip version it gave me flight gear 2.0.0 WWWWTTTTFFFFF!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS JUST CRAP SO NEVER EVER BUY IT.

Howard Pew Guest

I have tried VirtualPilot3D a little, after buying the full version, with the
extra Aircraft and Scenery. It seems to me that X-Plane 10 is
certainly much better, pound for pound, than VirtualPilot3D Smile

Kind regards, Howard.

Geofff Guest

AS a flightsim fan I was instantly taken by the virtual pilot ads. but my scam radar went off pretty quick by the nature of the webpage. There must be a template out there called 'scam 101' because most of the scams Ive seen use this same single page, endlessly long format full of gushing praise. They all look and feel the same! All it needed to complete the package was the 'as seen on CNN ABC XYZ' and 'used by NASA to train their astronauts'

I despise slime like this, but they are so, so obvious!

mikkyy48 Guest

Just want to say thank you guys because I was about to order this Sim today and I decided to just do a little research on this product and I came across this forum.
Will be registering soon.
Love you all
Thanks again

RussM Guest

I am so glad that I checked this site for reviews BEFORE ordering the software; it seemed too good to be true. Thank you for your comments. You have saved innocent me a lot of aggravation.

Loyhaasip Guest

I too have "bought" this carp and also have the same problem as other posters here - ie "when it loads for me it says there is an error in the main loop and aborting, then crashes, and says possible reason is not enough memory". I have a computer which beats all the specs required, by a long way!!!
I have emailed them many times, with no response!!
I really really wished I could find out where these oxygen robbers are, so I could "speak" with them face to face..
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS - MANY PEOPLE HERE ARE WARNING YOU!!
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

JoAnne VanDerest Guest

We purchased the premium world wide virtualpilot3D software and the 4 dvd's.and paid via clickbank
Both are not working, we have send 2 mails with request for address to return the dvd's and refund for both services.
There is costumer service or phone number, this really convenient for them!!!
now we have 2 products which are not working
So are they trustworthy????????????????

Mortiem Guest

I paid, via bank checkcard/VISA. WIthin minutes of download it would not run and I was told it is because of the graphics card on my machine. I told them, through support, I was not spending another dime to make their software work. I requested a refund. Their support person emailed me back and siad he was requesting the refund.

As of yet, and after almost a dozen emails, they have yet to respond OR send the monies. I deleted the software so there is no way they can claim I still have it and using it.

THEY ARE CROOKED. The yare based in England as best I can tell... unless someone has another location for them.

Anyone get a redund YET?

Pro Member Trainee
crackerjacks Trainee

Zyzmog wrote:

It's the same old scam, with a different name. They added a couple of nice touches this time: first, they added the "TM" designator to the name. It's not really trademarked, it just builds credibility (like all those "TRUST US" badges at the very bottom of their web page). Second, they're claiming that VirtualPlane3D is "FAA Certified". They're lying.

I've been following this scam for quite a while at Zyzmog Galactic Headquarters. The only thing that changes are the names.

I looked at FG for the first time today. After 5 minutes I closed it. No where near FSX. Now I am fixing to remove it from my system unless anyone else has any thoughts about it it sure seems lacking in a lot of areas.

Comments on FG anyone?

gatvol47 Guest

Virtual Pilot 3d is a genuine scam which is intended to aquire peoples cash and this website was specially Design to pull your adrenalin to a certain point where you will come to a consensus to purchase this product, This is an insinuating methodology that was created to penetrate into the Aviation industry to those who are not bright enough to be the slave of the perpetrator.
The reason im writing this is because i ones purchased Virtual pilot product and i never received a positive response or even a physical product of it.
So i recomment to everyone who is willing to make similar steps i made to make a thorough research and to not make this inappropriate decision .

nisha90 Guest

its real, i got it for my birthday and it looks pretty realistic in my opinion. however it does have its flaws which are minimum. I got mine today actully but it was a gift from my grandma. i think it took almost 2 weeks to get to her. i posted a topic about this.

Kirk Smith Guest

I am sorry I fell for this and am now out $150. Wish I had read these reviews first! I did get the disks but the rudder did not work with my joystick.
I wrote to the help desk and got a reply that they would be in contact. That was a month ago! Have reposted my question several times, but with no answers. I will be smarter next time and enjoy my FSX until someone really does make a better product.

AeroHighwayMan Guest

so clad i looked up this supposed flight sim,and found these forums,iv not browsed through yet but will surely be back for a better look see and register...

iv been flying in MicrosoftFlight

found it ok but limited where you can fly with out buying more microsoft points to get more add on maps...plus some of their aircraft are unable to display a virtual cockpit so went looking for something better,iv already got FSX but come across Virtual Pilot,clad you guys are around you saved me some money 😀

Regards AeroHighwayMan[/list]

Mick G Guest

I ordered this program several months ago, it came in the post on time and all seemed good. After loading the program and ran it, I realised it was no-way as good as advertised, Sent a request for a refund (as promised on website) and got a response quickly. Below is the reply.

" We are sorry that you did not like your purchase.

I will have this ticket number forwarded to the Refunds Department to process your request.

If you need further help, simply add a response to this ticket.

Terry
Customer Support"

Still waiting for a refund. I will have to get onto PayPal and lodge a complaint!

James Nelson Guest

Boy I'm glad I checked out this site before parting with my cash. The ads almost had me sold, as I fear they will a lot of people now that MS Flight Sim is pretty much in the ground. That's what had me even considering it, but I guess I'll just stick with getting the gold edition of FSX.

Dana Harker Guest

I was about to buy this sim thanks for the warning . I did buy a sim called (x plane 10) made by laminar research . I keep having the same type of problems with it too. dont buy that peace of crap either. thanks guys for heads up .

DubiousAlliance Guest

I just bought a new system, and was looking for a good SIM to load it up with. I kept looking for a review of VirtualPilot 3D and they ALL looked about the same which got my suspicions up. Then I came across another website that was supposed to be a review of the product and found this! (Note the WONDERFUL grammar skills...)

Stage Designer Software:

Create your own parts, its scenery, new buildings, landscapes, lakes, rivers or mountains to create this program. The world is oyster with this software. Indeed, I want to fly you can create your world!

Life and money back guarantee free update, free update software stays up to date and if you are not fully satisfied with the product, Best Flight Simulator 2013 provides the back is covered by a 60 day money back, no questions ask.
Cons:

Because of this Best New Flight Simulator 2013 online ordering on the internet, and itmay Virtual Pilot 3D 2013 download the entire package completely (have a slow internet connection, especially if you are) will have to take some time to download.

Virtual Pilot 3D 2013 is a arcade game. Instant gratification more your preference (arcade style flying), the Virtual Pilot 3D 2013 may not be for you.

Luckily I found this before I invested my money. Thanks for the heads up!

Bob Fox Guest

These unethical fools have taken a free product, repackaged it and now charge for it. It is not illegal, just unethical.

Get it for free from:

http://www.flightgear.org/

Evil or Very Mad

flightsimmer2013 Guest

Vitualpilot 3D is just Pro flightsimulator and both are scams. You can get the same game from www.flying-simulator-games.com

Pro Flight Simulator is based on a free and open-source program called FlightGear. Basically, I feel that Pro Flight Simulator is a scam because the Pro Flight Simulator "developers" downloaded FlightGear, made some changes, and are now selling it with no regard to the original developers.

So is Pro Flight Simulator a scam? That depends on what you consider to be a scam. In this case, a third party has downloaded a free application, made (in my opinion) very minor and insignificant changes, and then released it to the public at a premium price as a unique product. That makes Pro Flight Simulator a scam in my opinion, but yours may differ.

Jack Waling Guest

I purchasedthe program withthe undersanding it had a money back refund policy, I could not get it to work well and have been sending the report to them asking or my money back without any answers.

Briar Guest

I hope some of you folks got your refunds. I wish I had read this forum before I tried ordering this simulator! What you are ordering is a download; they only offer you the DVDs (at a significant extra cost) AFTER you've seen the huge size of the complicated files you'd have to download. To be fair, they are up front about that, but I've changed my mind about how I feel about that--it has scam vibes and I don't like it. I haven't downloaded one byte of this program and I've contacted the customer service email for them provided by PayPal and I've requested order cancellation. Some of your posts give me little hope they will respond, so I suppose I have a resolution battle on my hands via either PayPal or the credit card linked to it. We shall see. I emailed them via their "contact us" page too, but I will have no record of that in my email sent file. In case any of you would like to try again, here's the email address the PayPal site provided for this VirtualPilot outfit:

sm.paymentreciepts@gmail.com

Briar Guest

I got my refund! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

It took a couple of emails and some repeat enquiries via their "help desk ticket" system, but they said they were sorry I "didn't enjoy" the product (I never went ahead and downloaded it after paying for it it, but details, details) and they were refunding my payment. I checked my PayPal account, and sure enough, the refund has been posted. Those of you who didn't get your refunds, reopen your claims in case something has happened to persuade them of the error of their ways!

My unfortunate decision to order from them and my subsequent refund occurred within 24 hours. I feel very, very fortunate. I thank the people on this forum for these posts which solidified my determination, when I might have been scammed, not to let it stand!

Jan Polet Guest

I fell for it too. 😞
Bought the program and the VIP membership.
$114 in total.
The program freezes or crashes and a lot of stuff isn't working.
It doesn't look like the screen shots and ads on the site.
No response so far.
PayPal won't help you out either, cause their 'secure purchases' only apply to receiving the shipment and not what's in it. PayPay purchases are NOT safe. Also fake marketing.
It's an old version of Flightgears sim. Newer Flightgear planes even work in Virtual Pilot 3D.
It's a total rip-off and there are NO updates.
Selling open source sofware is legal.
Misrepresenting it and selling it as something else is.
Their facebook links have been banned for spamming.
Don't think I'll get my money back. Wish I could give it to the developers of Flightgear.
Isn't there a way to stop these scammers?
Sorry if there are typos in the message. I'm mad and frustrated and typing fast.

Jan Polet Guest

I just got a reply from Terry.

Jan,

Thank you for bringing this matter to us. However, I do apologize for the confusion caused about our company's integrity because of the personal reviews and testimonies you may have found on the internet. Any other companies would always have those kind of negative impressions if a personal request or favor was not granted or satisfied.

However, let me assure you that VirtualPilot3D is not a scam. We may have dissatisfied customers but we have more satisfied ones.

I will refer this case to the Refunds Department as you have wanted it.

Terry
Customer Support

Wonder what is going to happen next.

Jan Polet Guest

Update from VirtualPilot3D!

Hi Jan

I've personally issue the refund via PayPal. You should see the notification of the refund in your email inbox.

Two refunds are issued. One for $47, the other for $67. And yes, we do stand by our 100% satisfaction money back policy.

Also, even though VirtualPilot is based off FlightGear, we've made numerous changes to the program including

1. A plug and play system that works without the hassles of advanced customization

2. We offer a one stop launch system and makes it easy to add aircraft + scenery.

3. The complete start up of the game was rewritten to help new users with this issue.

4. New aircraft models are added on a regular basis.

To say it is simply FlightGear would be inaccurate

I hope that explains our position. In any case, let me apologize once again and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the purchase. We stand by our money back policy and we offer a "no-questions asked" refund process.

Best regards,

Charles Noel
Support Administrator

Than another message from Terry:

Jan,

We're sorry you didn't like the purchase and I apologize for the confusion caused.

In any case, we're doing a full upgrade to the VirtualPilot3D package that will resolve many technical issues and it would be ready in about 30 days.

We'll be offering it to you for free as a token of our appreciation for trying this out.

That being said, I'll escalate the ticket to our aftersales team who will follow up with you.

Terry
Customer Support

So, they did refund the money.
I'll be looking at the current version of Flightgear and in about a month will hopefully get the updated version of VirtualPilot3D as well.

ERG Guest

Here the same story same e-mails from Terry bla bla.

I give my bank recover payment and that was working get my money back.
Paypal blocked my account for investigation but release after my email etc etc.

Im lucky to get my money back for 100%.(because the recover payment from the bank and Paypal) not from virtual 3d no response !

Couple weeks later I get a box with the DVD not 4 but 3 dvds so incomplete and useless good for the trashbin.

Next time when I want to buy on internet something I will first do research
how reliable the site is.

So dont buy at this site Virtual 3d flight.

Im sorry for my bad English but I hope when you read this you understand what I mean.
Otherwise you can reply ...

This product doesn't work it will not even open.. I paid $127.00 for a product that I can't even use.. This will be the only email I send before I report this company to the proper authorities.... I need my money back...

It's a real product, but it's also a scam.

You'd better hope you like it--if you write in for their refund, you'll never get it. I've written four or five times and have been put off for two months.

It's not a bad product, but it is not for everyone, and they don't allow you to test it before you buy.

Caveat emptor.

Bruce Ewing Guest

I recently downloaded the demo version (which worked) and I was impressed by the flight characteristics of the aircraft. As a former CFI, I liked the idea of flying the cockpit view and then viewing a external views. This would be very helpful in teaching landing flare techniques and soft field landings etc. I ordered the full disk set and was I disappointed. The disk loaded OK but no matter what aircraft is selected it is overlay-ed with the Cessna panel over the selected aircraft and when the selected aircraft does show up, the pull down menues don't work. I have opened two work orders asking for help but after 2 weeks , I have received a response. Ironically, a demo version from a while ago loaded on another computer does work. I think I'll stay with FSX (without 8.1) or X-Plane.

Kristijan Guest

Hi folks!
I am one of new victims - untfortunately, did not find this site before. 😞
Now, since they decided to say that they have no refund policy due to digital nature of the product, obviously I won't get refund.
However, I am not going to leave them in peace with my money and at least I can do may be to prevent that to happen to someone else. I am not just a flightsim nut, I am also a lawyer and want to bring them to justice. If more of us would sending criminal complaints to relevant authorities, we would have more impact.
If interested, drop a mail on grdjan.kristijan@gmail.com

Best,

Kristijan

SIMULATI0NGEEK Guest

Guys it is a scam they couldnt even be stuffed changing the flightgear gui. all of it is a scam. all the too-good-to-be-true reviews its all bullshit. no offence to the people who actually deveolped the game.

A.Wynne-Roberts Guest

As with others here--getting the same error message when trying to open the program--Wish I had read this site first--oh well

g d b Guest

HELLO, i am glad that i found this site. I too have purchasedthe download version of VP3D, it does work, but the graphics are terrible, although my pc meets the requirements for this sim. i cannot get the added aircraft to install, have asked customer support, but not holding my breath for reply. i am going to ask for a complete refund see what they say[if i get a reply] will be back with the result for you all. thanks and good flying G D B

I purchased Virtual Pilot 3d. Checked my computer before purchase...

Everything says my system should handle it with no problem. I Downloaded it after paying over $100.00 for the game.

It Does not start on my system. I have uninstalled and reloaded it numerous times, made sure virus scan was off etc.

I have contacted the company numerous times about the crash reports which is generated and have even copy and pasted it and sent to them.

I received 1 e mail answer saying it was being sent to their tech... that was about 4 weeks ago. I have not received a answer from them back. I have sent other e mails asking about what they found from the report... they do not answer.. I am extremely upset with this company and do not recommend anyone download this game from them. It Is Over Priced and you will receive NO SUPPORT FOR IT after purchasing it.

They say they do not give refunds as it says on their purchase page...

I recommend to stay away from this company as you will not get any support from them when things do not work..

I did read reviews about it and I probably read revues they post and also watched tube videos of it before purchase... I MADE A BAD DECISION to purchase this program... PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID and loose over $100.00 for it.. Get a different sim game such as micro x gold edition..

James Doumak Guest

I bought this product after having FSX and X-plane 10. These are both excellent products with good to great graphics. After buying VirtualPiolt 3D I am very disappointed. The graphics are crappy, the setup difficult and the program poorly organized. I bought the 4 pack scenery package, loaded it into my computer and cannot get the thing to work. I go to an airport and find that I am sinking in the ocean. What a waste of money! Mad

Icecool Guest

Unfortunately I fell for this scam also. All looked well even watched some YouTube videos and was looking forward to purchase.
Payed 127$ via PayPal, but immediately after payment I got nothing, no download , no product, no email.
Some Lituanian click2sell company is in between.

I immediately filed complaint at PayPal for this company and I raised it to claim today. Hopefully PayPal can give me my money back.
I do not want this product anymore anyway.
THe Paypal payment is frozen, so I cross my fingers.

FOR ALL who are thinking of this product. DO NOT BUY. The y do not deliver and lie about it to paypal. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Pilot69 Guest

@Icecool, did you get your refund from paypal? I made the same mistake and bought this product.. also disputed on paypal but even paypal didnt ably get my money back. How is even possible they still can use paypal for scamming peoples Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Almost bought it !

Saved me over $170.00 Canadian dollars.

Thank-you
CFS_EAGLE
😛

Biggest rip off ever. Fell for it like a real sucker. Wish I had taken a bit of time to search for some revues on this real JUNK so called flight simulator...... PEOPLE DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK
Worst graphics I have seen in any game (reminds me of the King Quest games Sierra used to make, but they were good for the time)

Mike Smith Guest

I WOULD ECHO EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THIS RIP-OFF. iT DOESN'T DO ANY OF THE THINGS IT PROMISSES, I FIRST BOUGHT THE DOWNLOAD, FOUND THATIMPOSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD, SO THEN LIKE AN IDIOT BOUGHT THE 4dvd's. Guess what? they don't work either.In all it has cost me over £130 for something that is merely taking up valuable space on my PC. I AM GOING TO FIGHT FOR A REFUND. Twisted Evil

Not a pleasant experience due to lack of response from Virtual pilot. First, my desk top which has everything I needed to run a previous flight simulator, was constantly crashing with this program, second, I purchased the disc set thinking that If I limited the amount of memory required, it would work. This did not work either. Then we were overcharged for the disc set, no success in getting a refund of overpayment. I accept the fact that Virtual pilot do not refund $$ for the electronic download, but they should credit the overpayment for the disc. I have since purchased a laptop with all requirement, it runs the flight sim, but it's not a great experience. one star on this.

John M Ray Guest

Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scan. Scan. Scam.

Do not ever buy Virtualpilot or Proflight. Or any other name they may come up with.

These people are nothing but crooks!!!!!

Believe me, I lost over $200 to these asshats. The software is crap and they keep trying to lure you in by renaming it and making it sound even better.

Stick to Steam and X11.

Oh, and the Linux version will hang your computers EVERYTIME you run it.

John M Ray Guest

Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scan. Scan. Scam.

Do not ever buy Virtualpilot or Proflight. Or any other name they may come up with.

These people are nothing but crooks!!!!!

Believe me, I lost over $200 to these asshats. The software is crap and they keep trying to lure you in by renaming it and making it sound even better.

Stick to Steam and X11.

Oh, and the Linux version will hang your computers EVERYTIME you run it.

Infinite awesomeness Guest

After the years of hard work the flightgear devs have put into creating the best open source free flight sim possible, a random person comes along, downloads an old version, and begins selling it. And people buy it. It's called a complete scam. And you lost that money. You're definitely not going to get customer service, they didn't make it.

Virtual Pilot 3 D is definitely a scam. I just lost my money on it and it's worthless. To add insult, the people running it do everything they can to get you to buy the DVD set to keep you from having to piecemeal all the individual downloads.

Move on to something else.

after you received payment of 127.00 from Paypal you cut me of and I was unable to finish the order
please send me DVD for the program to Ray D Daines 10828 Prescott Dr. Sandy,Utah 84092 If there is a problem E mail me. Or I shall I call paypal and Cancel payment

Mibo Guest

Unfortunately I have not searched enough and was impressed of their marketing. Wrote the following to them:

Hello,
In January 14th
I bought the virtual pilot deluxe edition for
US$ 127.00 and also the dvd for US$ 48.15 item e
3714848 and order #2011795. Considering the total price of $175.15 paid to sapphire Marketing Inc, and looking at your product I must say the following:
The product is absolutely not what advertised.
1.Launching time is long and sometimes I have to start task manager in order to launch the simulator.
2.There is no track-Ir or similar setting
3.Finding airports is time consuming, it should be subdivided in countries or at least continents and also provide ICAO search.
4.The worst of all is the scenery even if selecting to load during flight.
5. Many aircraft look as toys and cockpits are bad.
6. Addon aircrafts are very bad and some do not work correctly and have failures.
7.One has to configure flight Hotas all the time and the simulator holds only a few parameters.
Note my desktop hardware is not the newest but much more than
your specifications. All downloads have been made correctly so issues are not hardware or installation related.
Sorry but i think this is a scam!
I would like that you refund at least partial payment. It is a shame to sell such a product at that price!
M.Bolli

SimEnthu Guest

Recently got suckered into this product, and having too many issues starting from install...the virus scan program finds a Trojan into the Executable. Most of the aircrafts dont install and work and whatever works, the sim crashes after one hour of flight. Will never advice anyone to ever touch this product. What a waste of time and money...😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

SimEnthu Guest

I am sure these guys will not refund anything...IT's a SCAM

Jay Subramoney Guest

Very disappointed that i could not load the game after payment was made some time ago.
Please help me.

A TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT..LOOKS LIKE A CHEEP ARCADE GAME. DONT GET SCAMED LIKE I DID

Pro Member Trainee
RJOdya56 Trainee

I've used FSX for years and also running X-Plane 11.0 now, Both very good programs Virtual Pilot3D is crap, planes are cartoons at best, Scenery is repeat after repeat. NOT virtual at all. Says; Do to nature of the software, All sales are final. The 4 DVD I purchased Also says non-refundable and non-returnable! What crap, good thing I have it on my American Express card, I will call them to get my Money back right after I free up some memory on my dedicated computer, by deleting this program!

Preston F Osborne Guest

this flight simulator is a big scam it will not work on my computer and they won't give you a refund so don 't purchased it.[/b]

Pro Member Trainee
RJOdya56 Trainee

Piece of junk. Don't waste your time or money. Cartoon, planes, scenery, and minimum flight control or function.

For what it's worth, thanks folks for the warnings. Was considering purchasing the Virtual Pilot 3D but after reading your comments and experiences decided against it. Hope you have success in getting refunds. I have had luck with PayPal in the past when dealing with scam products. Good luck!

I purchased this and it is just a rebranded FlightGear program that was free years back. try to get your money back and purchase a good microsoft product. I will never buy a digital flight sim again , no disk, no sale.

Paul merrills Guest

make sure you know whether this is the product you want  They never answer my questions  Ignore you at all cost.  after spending 180.00 you would think they would try to treat you with respect...no.. i ended up purchasing for 25.00 the MS flight sim. from Steam  great works like it should and will connect with my controls..  

Lindas Caroline Guest

We need to stop being fooled by all these brokers and account managers, they scammed me over $100,000 of my investment capital, they kept on requesting for extra funds before a withdrawal request can be accepted and processed, in the end, I lost all my money. All efforts to reach out to their customer support desk had declined, I found it very hard to move on. I was researching and find a broadcast that teaches on how scammed victims can recover their funds, I contacted the email provided for consultation fundsrecoverydesk@hotmail.com and I got feedback after some minutes and I was asked to provide all legal details concerning my investment, I did exactly what they instructed me to do without delay, to my greatest surprise I was able to recover my money back including my profit which my capital generated. I said I will not hold this to myself but share it to the public so that all scammed victims can get their funds back

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

I understand your concern about the legitimacy of Virtual Pilot 3D and whether it's a bona-fide product or a scam. Virtual Pilot 3D is a flight simulator that has been advertised on various platforms, including Facebook. It's worth mentioning that Virtual Pilot 3D is, in fact, a rework of the open-source flight simulator FlightGear. FlightGear is a well-known, free, and community-developed flight simulator with a long history, which can be found at https://www.flightgear.org/.

While Virtual Pilot 3D does utilize the core of FlightGear, it presents itself as a separate product, typically with its own price tag, as you mentioned. It's crucial to note that FlightGear, the original open-source software, is available for free, and you can download it directly from the official website.

To address your concern, here's a list of key points to consider:

1. Virtual Pilot 3D is a rework of FlightGear, an open-source flight simulator.
  2. FlightGear can be downloaded for free, so you may want to try that before considering a purchase.
  3. Be cautious with advertisements on social media platforms and verify the legitimacy of the product and its claims.

While Virtual Pilot 3D may not be a scam in the traditional sense, it's essential to be aware that you can access the original FlightGear simulator for free. If you're interested in trying a flight simulator, I would recommend starting with the official FlightGear download, which is a well-established and reputable open-source project.

I hope this helps you make an informed decision, and feel free to ask any further questions you might have about flight simulators. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...