Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Weird situation with my weather files in FS9

444Pilot
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:19 pm 

Every time I start up my FS9 software, I keep getting the following message just before the main FS9 page appears:

The weather theme could not be loaded. Please check that this file exists and try again!

FS9 finally opens with no further issues - but the Weather field reads Light clouds - wind 005 at 00, instead of clear, as it should read. I am also having problems connecting my old Active Sky weather add-on software with FS9.

I keep getting the following message when I fire up AS - HiFi ActiveSky v6.5

FS pathC:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\not currently available - unable to check wx station list. This may cause problems with station writes... Please enable the FS machine/path then restart AS to ensure operation.

This the first time this is happening. Am I missing some files or something? Is this a modules issue? I don't know!
There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately no one knows what they are!
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:31 am 

In the absence of any detailed information I guess the clue is in this message:
Please enable the FS machine/path then restart AS to ensure operation.

Perhaps you've migrated your FS to another HDD. If you haven't, MS Windows is not perfect, files get corruptet and jumbled up.
To be on the safe side, I'd uninstall AS... preferrably with a third party uninstaller, restart my system, re-install As, restart my system and then try it out.
444Pilot
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 pm 

Tailhook wrote:
In the absence of any detailed information I guess the clue is in this message:
Please enable the FS machine/path then restart AS to ensure operation.

Perhaps you've migrated your FS to another HDD. If you haven't, MS Windows is not perfect, files get corruptet and jumbled up.
To be on the safe side, I'd uninstall AS... preferrably with a third party uninstaller, restart my system, re-install As, restart my system and then try it out.

Thanks for the response. Do you have any suggestions as to a third party uninstaller? Thanks again...
There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately no one knows what they are!
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:05 am 

I have indeed. Currently I am using Revo Uninstaller Pro which is the best IMO so far. I had been using two other Uninstallers in the past (can't even remember their names now) ... they were pretty good, better than the MS OS uninstaller in any case.
However, both had glitches and their peculiarities.
Been using Revo for more than a year and it hasen't let me down once. A bonus is that you can actually watch and understand what's going on -- very useful Very Happy
444Pilot
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:05 pm 

Thanks for the Info, Tailhook! Much appreciated!