Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

DaveC

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Hi
I was wondering if it would be possible to do another repaint for me? I wanted Erick Cantu's 727 [ http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=sjd27twa.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search ]
painted in this texture [ http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=72869 ]
If you're busy and can't do it, I understand Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I haven't seen Dave for about 2 weeks, I hope he's ok.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

DaveC is off visiting family over the holidays - and wasn't sure if he'd have Internet availability.

I'm sure he'll be dropping in here as soon as he's home.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you!

Radar

Guest - Davec Guest

For Chris102 -

Finally managed to get my grandson to let me on his games machine.
Requirements of the repaint requested -
1. Permission from Erick Cantu (a/c designer) for planned repaint - some designers have no objections but it is good manners to ask.
2. Trump Organisation, I believe is a registered Trade Mark and there could be problems using it without prior permission.
So if you can clear these two before I return home (possibly within a week), that will save time.
Have not been able to download/analyse the a/c in question and only hope that repaint is possible.
Cheers
Davec

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Good to see you back DaveC! I will contact Erick Cantu and the Trump Organization, and I will get back to you.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Hi All and especially Chris102 - I'm back
Have downloaded the a/c you want repainted and see that Erick Cantu has no objections to a repaint as long it includes certain info files - so I'll get on with it as I don't think that man Trump is a flightsimmer and will never notice as I presume that you will be sole user of the a/c!!!!!
I wont be on this forum much from now on as I have joined a forum which is more repaint oriented, but I will keep you info'd with the repaint process.
Actually this is a test of my Broadband connection which I have just installed and seems to be working OK.
Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Welcome back!

Thanks for taking on the job. Cheers!

Pro Member Captain

Here are the early stages of the repaint which are very rough but just to let you know I have started. Do you want the shiny metallic black or the matt black of the usual Trump machine? Any other suggestions?
Also - so I will know which aircraft.cfg to assemble, do you want to retain the TWA livery in the 727-200 folder or do you iust want the Trump option?

Also found this new panel for 727 at flightsim.com - you might be interested in it -
Name: b7272pnl.zip Size: 11,232,721 Date: 01-13-2005 (Note the date
FS2004 Panel--Boeing 727-200. Compliments the aircraft by Erick Cantu. Panel is designed in keeping with general layout of the B727-200. Reworked bitmaps and photos provide realistic appearance. By Steve Southey.

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Hi DaveC
The plane looks really good! I'd like the metalic black.
As for the .cfg, having the texture as "trump" would be fine.
Also, on the bottom under the red stripe, could you paint it white, as show here?

Cheers!

Pro Member Captain

Thanks Chris - wilco
BTW I now have Broadband so none of the problems I had with DUN.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

[quote="The-GPS-Kid"]DaveC is off visiting family over the holidays - and wasn't sure if he'd have Internet availability.

I'm sure he'll be dropping in here as soon as he's home.[/quote

The holidays are long gone, though.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

MyPilot,

Check the posts out directly above yours - he is back !

Yours confusedly,

G

Pro Member Captain

[quote="mypilot"]

Mypilot wrote:

The holidays are long gone, though.

When you are retired you can have as long holidays as you wish Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

MyPilot,

Check the posts out directly above yours - he is back !

Yours confusedly,

G

Your right. I was so sleepy when I posted that that I missed it. Thanks for correcting me. Smile