repaint problems

Could someone help me with a problem I have repainting for flight sim x. I am new to repaint. At this moment I have looked at some tutorials and found them helpful but I am still struggling to convert the finished repainted files from PS to DXTBmp manipulator program. I know how to set up a copy of an aircraft for repaint. The problem I think is when I am using paint shop pro.

My first step is to go to image and rotate it to 180, then click on a new layer then turn on multiply then do all the paint work, just a few dabs of paint and a line of text just to get things going, then turn the image back to 180, go to file save as and change the format to bmp then press save as, bmp options set to 32bit then press ok at this point it gets confusing, I am expecting the repainted image to appear in dxtbmp manipulator program so I can save it to my new aircraft folder but I have no repainted image just the one I started with. On one of the tutorials it says un check mipmap in the
dxtbmp manipulator, I have tried this also. Where do I go from here, Can anyone HELP………Thanks rik
😕

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

Open your DXTbmp program.

On the upper menu bar, click on "Prefs", navigate to your PSP progam and click on the PSP.exe (the picture of a camera)

Open the folder icon on the lower left DXTbmp menu bar.
Navigate to the aircraft and texture folder you want to repaint.

Scroll down/across to find the .bmp you want to repaint and double click on it. That will bring it up on the screen.

Now, on the upper menu bar click on "Image". Click on "Send to editor".

It will open the .bmp in PSP and you can do your thing. Once finished, save in PSP. Once saved, close PSP, it will return your .bmp to DXTbmp.

Click on the "Image" in upper menu again, and choose "Reload After Edit". This will show the changes you made in PSP.

Now, on the upper menu, again, click on "File" and choose "Save As".

Here is where it is tricky: If the file you repainted is native FSX, it is DDS, if not, it will be an "extended Bitmap. This is where you make sure it is upside down (DDS) or not.

Good luck and let me know if this helps!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...