Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

playing FSX via a router...

dtvonly

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 am 

Hi. I have one PC and two laptops. I would like to install FSX on the PC only then connect the two laptops (via ethernet LAN cables to a router) to the PC then play FSX from the PC, without having to install FSX three times. How do I do that? Thank you.
jrocky
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:09 pm 

dtvonly wrote:
Hi. I have one PC and two laptops. I would like to install FSX on the PC only then connect the two laptops (via ethernet LAN cables to a router) to the PC then play FSX from the PC, without having to install FSX three times. How do I do that? Thank you.
If you have Windows 7 first create a Home Group for all three computers. The after the Home group is created, select the folder FSX is installed on the computer where FSX is installed. The right click on the highlited FSX folder, from the menu select Share with, Advanced sharing and then on the next screen click the Security tab. Select the entry Users (your user name\Users). Select Change Permissions button. The may need to reselect your user name and highlight it. Click Full control box, click OK button, then make sure your user name is still highlighted on the next screen, click the box 'Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent. Click Apply, you should see the folder and objects being inherited scroll across the box, wait until that is finished. Click OK. Exit the sharing screen. On the two computers that you want to setup install the Home Group on those, You will need the Home Group password. The Home Group password can be viewed on the computer where you first created the Home Group. Then exit Home Group network setup. On the two computers on the Home Group network, you should see a folder for FSX from the computer where the complete FSX is installed. If you are still running Windows XP then search Microsoft's site for setting up a Home Group network and then follow all the steps above.

Not a guarantee the above steps will work, but if there are issues, search Microsoft site for Home Group network sharing.