Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

a few from tonights flight KSEA to CYVR

Michael_H
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 am 

How's my old buddy Tailhook? Still flying I hope.

cuartz7o
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:07 pm 

Last pic is really nice! Is that the NGX 737? I don't know if I have the time to learn such complex aircraft Sad
Michael_H
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 pm 

that'a the problem. you could spend half your life learning everything about the ngx. but to just do basic, simple flights, it isn't that complicated if your used to other air planes and know something about flight planning and fmc programming.
cuartz7o
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:14 pm 

Michael_H wrote:
that'a the problem. you could spend half your life learning everything about the ngx. but to just do basic, simple flights, it isn't that complicated if your used to other air planes and know something about flight planning and fmc programming.

yea the FMC programming is what will get me. The problem is i can really only fly short hops as my time behind the controls is limited (GF, Work, etc.).

Do you ever play online? I've been looking into doing some shared cockpits since i bought FeelThere's Embraer Regional package but so far no one else interested has it.
Michael_H
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm 

Hi, no I haven't tried online flying, just don't have the time.
but don't let the fmc programming keep you from the ngx. It will take a bit of time to learn the basic flight programming routines, but after you've done it a few times it will only take about five to ten minutes for the kind of short hops you like to do..only thing is:
the ngx is a real resource hog with a capital H. Don't even bother unless you have a pretty decent computer.
cuartz7o
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm 

Michael_H wrote:
Hi, no I haven't tried online flying, just don't have the time.
but don't let the fmc programming keep you from the ngx. It will take a bit of time to learn the basic flight programming routines, but after you've done it a few times it will only take about five to ten minutes for the kind of short hops you like to do..only thing is:
the ngx is a real resource hog with a capital H. Don't even bother unless you have a pretty decent computer.

I hear you about limited time. Your comment about being able to do short hops is promising though.

I know all about resource hogs so I may hold off on NGX for a while. I'm running a 1055t OC'd to 4GHz along with a 'measly' PNY XLR8 GTX 470 that I picked up almost two years ago now. HDDs also include 60GB SSD for W7x64 and a 10K RPM VRAP for FSX.

My frame rate varies from 24-30 (locked) fps depending on how much weather I add in with REX and if I'm using ORBX. It's no i7 setup but it works very nicely as a dedicated FSX rig for me so really no complaints.
Michael_H
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:49 am 

that system would run the ngx with no problems, but I think it would be about the minimum specs to run it well.
Mine is similar 875K i7 oc to 3.8gig.
six gigs mem
GTX470, plain old WD 640gig black HD.
windows 7 64bit running pretty lean,,no antivirus, no Windows Defender etc, pretty well just use it for the sim and Linux for most other things.

in the ngx, I'm usually getting between 12 and 20 fps (locked at 30, but rarely get there in this airplane) depending on how much weather and whether I'm at a payware airport. I'm always flying in ORBX scenery and using REX. It does run smoothly at those frame rates though.
ellonysman

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 am 

I see you have a nice westjet livery...can you share with us where you got it from? I dont come here much, can you drop me a line? ellonysman@yahoo.ca
mwmlynx

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 pm