SearchSearch 

IAF-35A Squadrons

Pro Member Trainee
StuartStein Trainee

Please excuse my total ignorance but much is entirely new to me. I downloaded the package from this site and, as usual, carefully read the 'read me' text.

The folders/files that I downloaded correspond to those listed. The 'read me' text states that "Duplicate the texture.clean folder into your SimObjects/Airplanes/F35A folder. Rename this folder texture.xxxx then copy the new texture and overwrite." I do not see any texture.clean folder. The whole sentence does not make any sense to me: what is one supposed to substitute for xxxx-I understand these substitutions within a file (scenery, cfg, texture, etc., but not for folders, particularly as all the ones in the package have names, not numbers. And where does the 'new texture' come from? Also, where does the F35A folder come from? Is this package an add-on to something that I should already have installed?

ps. I have read documentation on adding aircraft, but the instructions here do not seem to dovetail with those. Thanks for any help.

Stuart

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have to substitute one number up from what's in the cfg, that what the xxxx means.

Open up the aircraft.cfg file for the aircraft your installing the textures for. You will see a bunch of entries that look like this:
This one is for the boeing 737, depending on the airplane, some parts of this will be different.

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint1
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref
atc_id=N737W
atc_airline=Boeing
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Boeing livery"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="One should hardly be surprised that...."

Each one of these is for a different texture or paint for the aircraft.The addon texture your installing ussually has a readme in it. Open that up and look for something like what was shown above. Copy that and put at after the last fltsim entry. NOTE: make sure the number after fltsim is the number right after the last entry. ex. If the last entry was called fltsim.7, you would put fltsim.8. Also, make sure what is to the right of texture= is the same name as the folder (without the texture.). If the name of the folder was texture.swair, then in the aircraf.cfg file it would be texture=swair.[url][/url]

Read more: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/33358/how-to-install-aircraft-in-fsx/#ixzz2INVhfGW5

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
StuartStein Trainee

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think that the problem that I had was different, from the issue that you allude to, although it will no doubt be useful in other contexts. I was referring to a folder problem rather than a file problem-or I think so. If you have the time, here is my original issue:

"The 'read me' text states that "Duplicate the texture.clean folder into your SimObjects/Airplanes/F35A folder. Rename this folder texture.xxxx then copy the new texture and overwrite." I do not see any texture.clean folder. The whole sentence does not make any sense to me: what is one supposed to substitute for xxxx-I understand these substitutions within a file (scenery, cfg, texture, etc., but not for folders, particularly as all the ones in the package have names, not numbers. And where does the 'new texture' come from? Also, where does the F35A folder come from? Is this package an add-on to something that I should already have installed?"

Here is a link to an image of what was in the package: http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/?v=HtY0a.png

I was hoping that perhaps someone who had installed this among the 300 or so downloads might see my query.

I fully appreciate that you may not have the time for another reply and, no doubt, life will continue without my adding this to my FSX. Thanks anyway for you original consideration.

Stuart

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If we're talking about the same download, it looks like others have the same problem understanding what the designer wanted.
Check out the reviews at the bottom.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/5414/fsx-israeli-air-force-f-35a-squadrons/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
StuartStein Trainee

Thanks.